III

Sniffling she ran to the nearest bathroom. Every door was closed for her, the only hope she could think of was a stall. What else could she do? Sit out like an open target? No, human instinct told her otherwise. She must survive.

Turning to the next portion of the hallway she quickly retreated to the lady's room. Without question she locked the door and climbed into the last stall standing on the toilet's rim.

She was scared shitless.

Gulping she did her best to calm down. Although it was difficult she reminded herself who would search a bathroom? No one right?

"What the Hell Macy! You can't die here you idiot!" tenderly he scooped up his fiancé before darting off to the hospital.

"I can't help it, I'm going to bleed out..." she weakly forced out of her lips.

"Shit..." the man cried with a whisper. Who was the fuck that shot her with a blessed bullet?!

"Just don't die okay?" with a faint smile she fell limp in his arms. No, did she die? No, it couldn't be...

He howled with pain, her body set aflame before slipping into the air.

"That's one silenced." the vampire bored of this chase reloaded his pistol. The red duster flapped in the wind while a few strands of his hair swirled against his face.

Hyperventilating she wanted to throw up.

A loud eruption of vibration shook the building. Was this really just some serial killer?! How could he be responsible for such a big quake that it shook the building? This was something larger, beyond them.

The room went dark without warning. Her core shook to the bone, she hated the dark. No matter how old she was the dark terrified her. The unknown, not sure was surrounded her. Something could lurk in darkness and destroy her. In the dark nothing existed, everything was erased.

Thoughts ran everywhere, jumbling together into a messy pile.

"Please-!" a voice cried. A plea for help no less. What were they screaming about? What happened? Did they break in? No, the walls were too thick and the doors are heavy. How could someone penetrate that far? It would require such inhuman strength...

Through his orange lanced glasses he looked down and up the building. The human souls within were defenseless from the terror that was about to show itself. Before they even knew it they would most likely become ghouls, minions for the pitiful fledgling to eat. Yes, rotten flesh for him to slaughter. The thought amused him greatly. Never did he tire of the gore, the grime, the gruesome nature of his kind.

A scream shredded through the air. Helpless, fearing. The beginning of the first ghoul this man would claim. Cackling his shoulders shook before he continued forth into the hospital.

Wanting to scream she bit her tongue. Gunshots echoed in the halls, they had been going off for quite some time now. Bang after bang they grew closer and closer. Was it police or the intruder? There was no way to tell, the only thing to do was wait for torturous seconds to pass. Her breath hitched in her throat as the loud thud of a body hitting the ground sounded right outside the bathroom doors.

A guttural groan, a laugh, then the crushing of flesh and bone.

There, beyond those doors, a human. Someone trapped with nowhere to run, nothing to cling to, no, they were alone with themselves. He could not leave the soul for his Master's orders were to kill the lead fledgling and gather survivors to the nearest exit.

Would they run from him, cower, shake in their skin, grit their teeth, choke on their breath? Or, would they cling to him in their time of need? No human is ever quite the same...

Sheathing his pistol, he kicked the door open. So dark, so lonely this human must be. A shriveling lump of fear if anything.

Oh God, oh fuck, I'm going to die, I'm going to fucking die, I'm going to fucking die! No one is here to save me! No one will know I died, I'll be alone and die. I'm dead, I'm already dead.