Platform No. - 8

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem.

Fathima sliced the onion into two and started chopping it. Hafla, her mother placed a big vessel over the counter, for making Biriyani that day.

She chopped some green chillies and tomatoes, then neatly dragged them to a side in the cutting board.

"Mom. Need more help?", she asked washing the meat.

"No dear. This is enough", her mother said as she started frying the onion.

Fathima washed her hands and stepped out of the kitchen.

She was about to climb the stairs when someone grabbed her through her hand and dragged her to the adjacent room.

He closed the door behind her and she leaned against the doorframe. Ali placed a hand over her shoulder, caging her. "What's up with you?", she asked curious.

"What's up with me? Am I the one ignoring her husband for two day's straight?", he questioned.

Fathima smiled as she dodged his hand and went towards the bed. Stretching the cover, she pulled it beneath the bed and layed the cushions and pillows in order. Ali watched his wife do the chores, folding his hands.

"I am not ignoring anyone", she spoke out loud.

"Ahaan!", He commented with sarcasm.

"I am just busy with my Brother's arrival", she said as she started walking to the door. Ali grabbed her hand and once again pulled her towards him. He held her waist and pinned her close to him.

"Ali! What are you doing? Someone would see us", she asked peeking through her large eye lashes. Her hair grazing her forehead in a rush. Ali's hand traced his hand over her forehead and slowly put those bangs behind her ear. Her face coloring all the way to her ears.

"Ali, leave me", she whispered as she tried to wiggle away.

"Not happening, Fahima", his voice husky, and he started leaning towards her. When his face was inches away, she closed her eyes. Her body heating up and responding to his touch.
Suddenly though he pinched her cheeks and started cackling, "You look so cute".

Fathima opened her eyes in horror and her cheeks flushed more, for what she was expecting him to do.

"It's my turn to ignore you, all the much I want", he turned back like a kid and replied to her confused self.

Fathima facepalmed herself with her hand and laughed out loud at his childish antics.

"You are so immature. You kidnap me all the way here to do this drama?", she asked him as she stomped to the side he was facing.

When she looked at his face, she smiled. For it radiated happiness, and Ali was the one who deserved all the happiness of the World.

She caught him by his collar and pulled his face down to her height, to implant a Feather light kiss on his cheek. It was a small one and once done, she ran to the door.

Ali blinked in clear surprise, she turned to his direction as she uttered, "No one ignores none and no one teases the other without giving what they need", and she closed the door behind her.

"And I am not leaving you with just that", he shrugged and trailed after her.

.....

Maahi was lying on the bed. For once, he felt peaceful. He was finally going to live with his family and he was happy about it.

That day was tiring, his whole body ached, but his heart soared with relief and clouded with happiness.

A goofy smile spread over his face.
"Didn't sleep?", asked Asad as he peeked over Maahi from the upper side of the bunker bed he was lying. Samad was beneath him on the lower portion.

Asad and Samad were twins and they were Fathima's younger siblings. "Not really", Maahi shook his head as he turned and faced Asad.

On the contrary, Samad was fast asleep. "It would be fun having you here from now on",

"Thanks", Maahi smiled.

"In Bro code, rule no. 2020. The brother should not thank his brother",

Asad was boyish and he always spoke about Bro code and stuffs. "I am not your Bro! Asad", Maahi groaned.

"Oh yes!",

"Ali was your Bro right?",

"Of course he was. But nowadays he doesn't follow any of the rules", Asad said sadly.

"Asad!", Maahi's eyes glinted with mischief, "Isn't there a rule in your bro code not to marry the bro's own sister?".

"It is",
"Then why did you let him?",

"Maahi", Asad breathed, "You should have seen Ali's face. He was like a love sick puppy, Deprived of his essential water".

Maahi laughed out loud. For one instance, he did not know that love could make one go mad. Love is beautiful in it's own way. Love is pure but we corrupt it for our own desires and selfish reasons. Love can make one drown in it's waves while some want to swim in different water's on the same time.

He was one of a kind though. A one, whose soul and heart was as pure as the colour white. He first wanted to settle in his life before he started a family of his own, so he could provide all the other's needs with love and care.

When Maahi was silent, Asad spoke, "I am small but I can understand. Ali suffered in his life, something terrible. After he moved to this house, we all were happy and suddenly he wanted to marry Fathima. When she refused, he didn't persist. He went away. We all didn't see him for days", Maahi again looked up to see the small kid who was talking like a grown up. "When we finally saw Ali, he was so much changed. Even I was able to say from looking at his face that he truly loved my sister. That's why I also agreed for the marriage".

"Asad! You are all grown up Man!", he wanted to ruffle the Lil one's hair so badly yet felt too lazy to get up.

"That for sure I am", Asad smiled as he laif back in his bed.

After a while, when the room remained dark and the gloomy sound of the night commenced, Maahi initially thought Asad had fallen asleep.

But he was amused to see the Lil one get up with a new found aura as he watched Maahi from above.

"What?", Maahi asked.

"Maahi you are going to be my bro from now on and going to follow all my rules", he smirked as he laid back.

"No way in heaven", Maahi threw a cushion his direction in pure horror.