M - 27

Dedicated to windsofspring for supporting me so much throughout my works. I love, love you so much.

Comments, please.

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem. 

Her face the color of crimson, her heartbeats all over the place, she was a bridey mess at that lovely moment. When she opened one of her eyes to peek at the sight of his face, she instantly opened her other eye, because he was already stating her with a smile etching his lips. 

This time, she couldn't control herself so she let her walls fall and smiled back at him. 

"Did I mention this before?" he asked. 

" What?" she questioned back suddenly feeling insecure about her perfect attire and her hand went to check whether her hijab was in place. 

"You are breathtaking and I am so lucky to call you my wife," his reply made her glance back at him and her face started to color, even more, making her look a hundred folds more beautiful than she was at the moment. 

Her face started glowing and shimmering like that of gold. 

She visibly gulped while her throat went dry. 

"I think this is my cue to leave you to get ready for the Walimah. Saad! You coming with me?" he turned towards the munchkin seated beside her. 

"Yayy!" The boy in question jumped into his father's arms. 

While they exited the room, Shabna's gaze didn't falter once, the chambers of her heart got what they sought, a family. Her own family. 

Jesima entered the room, a mischievous grin spread over her face, "So?" she dragged. 

"So what?" Shabna ignored her and dragged herself out of the room, Jesima toeing behind. 

"Girl! Ya Allah! Don't tell, you are ignoring me now." She faked hurt," and that too to me," she held her hand clutching, the region where her heart was, "After all that I did for you. Such a cruel world this is.” She held her near her chest. 

"Drama queen! You should have pursued your Masters in Acting rather than Medicine. I am getting late Jessie. Can't you see the time in your glittery watch?" Shabna murmured all in one go, "For Allah's sake. I am not ignoring you." 

" Oh-oh! Yes yes, you are getting late. OMG! Come fast," Jesima pulled Shana's hand and ran upstairs. The Walimah was to be conducted just after the Nikah and so, Shabna had to get ready, removing her Ghagra and getting into her cozy yet pink pleated suit dress to wear an elegant Abhaya on top, for the hall would be filled with some men. 

In an instant, she removed her hijab and as in cue, Jesima combed her hair while her hand went to wipe the excess beads of sweat lining her forehead and she steadied her kohl back to its original state, lining the margin of her eye in a pretty way.