Platform No. 4

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem.

Disbelief flashed in Shabna's eyes.
She felt disgusted to look at the sight in front of her.

Her husband who was so busy attending a meeting and who couldn't even accompany her for her check-up to see his baby growing beautifully and hear the melodious heartbeats of his child is the same someone who is accompanying a lady for shopping.

His hand was still wrapped around the lady's shoulder. A lone tear drop peeked through Shabna's eyes.

She didn't know whether is this the start of her tragic journey or is the end of the love she had for her husband?

"Armaan", her voice came as a mere whisper.

Hearing his name through her trembling lips did he realize the reality that was unfolding lethally slow in front of him and at once he dropped his hand to his side.

"Oh! She knows you?", the lady turned towards Armaan. He just blinked too surprised to react and reply.

"Madam, What happened? You told me you would come back in five minutes. I would have gone for another customer if you have informed that you would be late", said the Auto driver, approaching a perplexed Shabna.

"Oh, No. You dropped your basket. Wait, let me help you", he quickly filled the basket with all the splattered goodies.

"Here you go", he said getting up.

Shabna took the basket and turned her back to her husband. She didn't need an explanation. She did not have in herself to hear her husband say that she didn't satisfy his needs. She did not deserve to be heard those ungrateful words, after, all she had done for him.

She gave him her body and soul. She never thought that they weren't enough.

She felt tired in her heart; the heart which once throbbed for him is now broken into a  million shards, ripping her to bleed with pain. He wasn't worth her love, her love was as great as the infinite stars that brighten the night sky and he was too blinded to even calculate their worth.

Armaan had no countenance to address her.

After reaching home, Shabna straight away went to the bathroom and turned the shower on. The water flowed over her body along with tears. Shabna felt her soul shiver. She was stunned to notice which wet her soul; the water or the tears?

The one who she thought is her other half has been having a relationship with someone else all this while.

Her body shivered at the thought of Armaan being intimate with the other lady.

What mistake did she make to deserve this?

Shabna was innocent and pure as a white rose but after the flower has been used, they rip it off and throw away. She felt as the same ripped off flower.

A cry left her mouth while she moaned with grief.

I thought my eyes were dry of water

Until the day

I saw you with her.

I looked at her face to know

If she is beautiful than me,

But the answer was no

Because

Even if she was beautiful,

I realised, that

In this fantasy of love

I am not the one with the shortcomings