S - 20

Bismillaah hir Rahman nir Raheem.

"Do you think it's going to work out?".

"Yes, it would. In shaa Allah".

"Well! I doubt that".

"Why so?".

"Because I don't know anyone there".

"Sameer", Maahi sighed over the phone, "Just follow my instructions and that would be enough".

"I will try", Sameer replied picking up the cardboard box and placing it on the back seat of his car.

"Today morning, when the parcel came, my wife thought it's also an post-wedding gift from my dear friend",

"Oh! But I have already given the gift before the wedding. I am sorry to disappoint you this time", Maahi said cordially.

"It's okay Man! How could I forget that? It was something so beneficial for my entire life", Sameer cajoled as he entered the car and ignited the engine to life.

Though Maahi didn't attend his friend's wedding, he hadn't left the country before giving his friend a wedding gift.

As Maahi lived alone, most of the monthly wage he earned in the internship was leisure, it was more than enough, so he saved each penny. Apart from giving money to Saad, there was enough amount to be saved.

When Sameer got hooked up with the aspect of Marriage, Maahi was so happy for his friend and when the part of giving a gift came, he lent all those savings to Sameer as a 'Wedding Gift'. Sameer convinced him hard to not take decisions like that but Maahi was adamant.

Yes, Sameer had a well-paid job in hand but he was getting himself in taking up more responsibilities than before. On one side, he should take care of his parents, who lived in the countryside, and on the other, he should fulfill the rights of his wife. So Maahi thought it would be better to buy an apartment than to rent it. It would be more profitable for him and it turned out to be helpful now.

With the amount Maahi gave, Sameer added some more of his own savings and his parents too helped him along the process.

Now if Sameer was leading a peaceful life, all the credits went to his friend.

Maahi was no angel. He was human too. But he was someone who knew the value of this world. He was someone who doesn't want himself to trade into the false deceptions of this world.

He knew something precious, that most of us ignore.

Which is,

The real happiness comes not in saving money, but in spending it on our dear ones.

"I think I have arrived at the location", Sameer pulled the car to a halt, "Rahma Orphanage right?", he asked through the phone.

"Yeah! It is", Maahi smiled even though Sameer could not see him. Hearing the affirmative answer, Sameer cut the call, saying he would eventually call him again. 

Sameer walked inside the reception and as per told, a middle-aged man was standing behind the desk writing something. "You must be uncle Bilal", he wondered out loud with a salaam.

When addressed, the Man looked up and nodded, "I am. How can I help you?",

"Well! I am Sameer, Maahi's friend. The one who went to America a few months back",

" How can I forget Maahi beta?", Bilal smiled, "You are his friend?",

"Yes", Sameer replied.

"So glad to meet you, how is he?", he said coming forth the desk, welcoming Sameer inside.