S - 11

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem.

Shabna peeked outside the window once the car came to an halt. She was surprised to see that she was taken to her mother's house instead of her in law's. 

"Why are we here Mamma?" She asked. 

"Your Mother in law asked me to take you home beta, so that you can rest for a few days." Mubeena replied as she opened her side of the door and got out. She opened the door for a puzzled Shabna the next. 

Though she felt odd, she didn't budge to question more. She went inside as her parents took their belongings from the boot of the car and placed them inside the living room. 

Shabna slowly sat on the couch watching them. 

"You should rest, Shabna." Mubeena walked with yet another bag and dropped it on the floor. 

"Mamma! Why did Armaan not visit me once at the hospital?" 

"Shabna! I told you already that he is out of town for some urgent business of his." Mubeena sighed, sick of lying continuously to her daughter.  

"He could have called me instead. At least for once." Shabna dialed his number which went to voicemail directly.  

"I am telling you beta! Go and rest."  

"Mamma! I am worried sick of his well being." She placed a hand over her forehead.  

"Shabna don't stress, he will come back to you once his work's finished." Her Dad came inside.  

He pulled his daughter unto his shoulder as he walked her to her room.  

When Shabna stepped inside her room, she was reminded of the days before her marriage and those of her childhood. The scent of candles still lingered in the air, her room remained as such the way she left it to be.  

She breathed in the air and relaxed.  

Once her father left her to the vicinity of her room, she picked her phone and dialed the number which again dropped to the voicemail.  

She badly wanted to know what happened to her husband? Why has he not once visited her? Why he not once called and inquired about her whereabouts.  

Like always, he abandoned her when she needed him the most. She wanted to endure his presence now more than ever. She felt too lonely.  Vacant to be precise.

Reached safe?  

Came Jesima's message and she couldn't be more grateful for her friend.  

....  

Shabna sat on the large window in her room, gazing out the sky. It's been a week since her discharge from the hospital.