S - 12

Comment loads even though a glitch in wattpad doesn't cause me to make replies.

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem. 

Six months later.  

Maahi bent down and laced his shoes. After tying them, he stood up from the couch and picked his backpack which was laying down beside him. After hanging it on one of his shoulders, he peeked through his watch.  

It was 7.45 AM,  and he was getting late for work. He had to go through the subway to reach his office. It was a ten minutes walk to the subway station, and he should start now, to catch the train on time.  

Maahi said a Salaam louder and was about to open the main door when his Aunt called, "Maahi! Wait." She rushed to his side from the kitchen.  

"Yes! Chachi!" He turned, adjusting his backpack containing his laptop and other stuff on his shoulder.  

"Your lunch." She pushed a tiffin wrapped with polythene cover towards him.  

Maahi beamed at her. "Thank you, Chachi." He smiled gratefully, as she planted a kiss on his forehead.  "It's nothing much," she threw her hand in ignoring his praise, "Go safe." She waved him goodbye.  

Maahi walked out of the house with warmth seeping his heart. Finally, he was living a life he had only dreamt of. It makes one happy to be with family, they make us feel belonged. Having someone to hold unto, after a tiring day, is something to be blessed for. All these things, many people remain ignorant of and don't value, but when they lose their loved one's all of a sudden, do they realize the importance of the people they have lost. Grieving in the future, will not give you any use and on the same page, relishing upon the past will only make you lose the present. This was Maahi's logic.  

His parents tried so hard to have a baby, but they were unable to, for many years. They tried, tried, tried. And finally, when their dream came true and Maahi was born, they were more than happy. But that happiness was short-lived, within a month of rejoicing his birth, they had to undergo a terrific accident. Their house caught fire.  

They could only save his life. They died not living the reality of what they dreamt of living.  

Everyone has their own story to tell. No one is free of problems. We can't judge seeing someone smile and say they are happy while seeing someone cry and say they are sad.  

Happiness and sadness are the two sides of the same coin. Just like the sky, one day it rains, one day it thunders, one day it is bright with vibrant clouds, one day it is painted with beautiful rainbow's, and one day it shines with the rays of the Sun. The same applies to life, one day we will be sad with our problems, and the other day, we will be filled with nothing but smiles.  

It was a smiling moment for Maahi and he felt more than blessed to live his life, at this moment.  

...  

"Tell me about it." Maahi ran a hand through his hair, "It was a terrible decision for me to take you, with me." He looked down at Asad.  

"Come on Bro! You don't hate me as much as you say it out loud." 

Maahi just groaned in reply. His aunt asked him to run some errands to the market, and here he was accompanied by a munchkin, who doesn't fail to annoy him to the core.  

"Can we play as we walk?" asked Asad.  

"No! Please?" It sounded more like a question than a request.  

"Pretty please."  

"You aren't going to leave me, are you?" He ran a hand through his hair.