M - 21

Bismillaah hir Rahman nir Raheem.  

Maahi ran a hand through his hair which fell over the crease lines which it held hidden under those midnight black waves.  

"I saw them leave together after class," Shabna exhaled.  

"I don't know where to find them?" he did not undergo a situation like this before and he was more than stressed.  

"Chachi's not well and she had asked me to pick them. All of a sudden, my boss called in for an urgent meeting." He pushed the hair back into his head, but they were too smooth to listen to him.  

"That's why I ran late, again," his voice came low, merely a whisper.  

"You shouldn't have been this careless with children." She looked up and when he saw her eyes which held nothing but accusation, he felt his heart break, in a way he did not imagine it would.  

When he didn't respond, she turned and started walking. This task took him by surprise and he tailed behind,"Where are you going?"  

"To search for them obviously." She sprinted towards the school's exit with him in tow.  

All his life, he hadn't encountered the female species at all. Apart from Fathima and her Mom, he did not know anyone. He did not have girl friends in school or college and till this moment, he wasn't interested in any of them. But the one leading him now, made him feel he surely needed one. To call her, his.  

When finally the revelation from heaven landed upon him that actually he wanted another half and the small wish his heart has first ever asked for was, in between this situation, where she thinks he has been careless of the one's he should take care of. While she did not know how much he cared for them, how much effort he put to build the small of his world with people who made him feel, belonged. He did everything and nothing for them, but the one in front of him would be thinking that he hadn't cared about anyone, at all.  

When his heart soared for sprouting the seed of love, the situation sowed the seed of hate in the one, he wanted to be loved back.  

He wanted to hit his head with his hand but instead clenched it hard. Purple colour hijab flew through the breeze ever so slightly and without having the intention, the smooth cloth touched his chest, making him tag along after her and at that moment, he wanted nothing but two things to be fulfilled.  

One, he craved to hold the material in his hand and turn the owner of it, towards him, looking into her eye, those ocean waves of brown iris and dive into the clouds of the fantasy of love. 

The second one was, though he never imagined he would fall for someone, and he never had dreamt it would be the twins’ teacher, he wanted to search these twins as soon as possible, because in the corner of the fantasy going on in his mind, he did not forget the reality.  

Suddenly she stopped in her tracks and he abruptly came to a stop, and steadied himself from falling over her.