S - 17

Bismillaah hir Rahman nir Raheem. 

His name is Maahi and it's just so unique. 

Of all the names she had named him to be having, not once did the name Maahi had crossed her mind. Well, she knew it was one of the five names of the Prophet Muhammad(Pbuh) and she had liked it when she first read it on the Qur'an. 

Stop it. 

She forced her mind to halt from going into a rapid-fire round on her head. 

Maahi had gone to grab his Jacket from inside and soon, the Aunt too bid adieu and went after him.  

"You don't have a problem, right?" Jesima asked once they were out of sight. 

Shabna just shook her head in a no. 

"These people look nice, we could trust them because they are Muslims too. I just got worried about how we would go back to the hotel safe and sound." Her forehead creased, as she tapped her leg impatiently on the ground. 

"I know dearie! That's why I was keeping my mouth shut all this while," Shabna's voice was merely a whisper. 

Her heart leaped when he came out wearing his jacket over his blue buttoned-up shirt and of course, the starting two buttons were open revealing his black undershirt. 

Oh! Those similarities. 

She made her gaze flicker back to the ground as they started walking, him as the lead. 

Jesima was too busy checking her phone and Shabna hardly knew how to control her raising heartbeats. She couldn't even see ahead of her and walk. For when she saw up, his back was visible. She didn't know what to do, so she fixed her gaze on his steps.  

He carelessly towed up a stone and she was so engrossed in her thoughts that she got tripped over that same, freaking pebble. All thanks to Allah, Jesima caught her up in an instant and she saved herself from falling face-first on the ground. 

Maahi turned around due to the commotion and when his eye fell over her, her face burnt like fire. 

"Are you alright?" he asked, his voice lacing with concern. 

She just shook her head, her eyes always cascading down, like she was admiring the floor beneath her. 

When he turned around and resumed walking Jesima asked, "Why are you being so clumsy today? Is this your time of the month?" and then she turned to face Shabna, she gasped, "Oh My God! Why are you so red?"

Shabna's throat was so dry that she couldn't reply to her friend at once. After a few beads of silence, she said, "It's just the climate. I am not used to it."