M - 28

Dedicated to @_winged_dreamer for loving me infinitely and for making my heart sore to no limits.

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem. 

He left the first two buttons open because if he put those on, he feels hard to breathe. His brown shirt covered his body and hugged him tight while his black undershirt peeked a view through the opening. 

He ran a hand through his hair, curious as to why his wife had asked him to wear this colored shirt particularly. That day when she accepted him to be her future husband she had put forth this condition. To see him on this particular colored shirt which was brown. 

He bent down and folded his ripped jeans above his ankles, following the traditions of the Sunnah of the Prophet. 

Reaching for his favorite cologne, he sprayed himself and whisked in the glory of the musky smell. 

They were going on their small honeymoon today which he had planned at the last moment. Taking leave from work, he only had a week to spend with his newlywed wife. He wanted to make this moment the best for her, and also forever etched in her memories. 

He wanted Saad so badly to accompany them but on the other hand, everyone was right, for they needed couples of time alone, a period of solitude in each other's embrace. 

He was checking the long list of passengers to make sure their names were written on the white sheet stuck near the train's door. 

All of a sudden he heard his name roll over his wife's mouth. A small smile irked through his beard and he turned to face her. 

She was jumbling with her sling bag, perhaps, a trait of nervousness, he thought to himself. 

When she didn't utter a word, he walked forward and reached out, holding both of her hands in his. 

"Habibti! Do you need anything?" He asked and when she was addressed with such an endearing name, she met his eye and she shook her head in a no. 

He couldn't control the twitch of his lips now, for she looked just like a kid. 

" Then?" He pressed her palms gently to let him know whatever was bothering her. 

Maybe she was anxious about what has to come. 

"I want to tell you something." Her voice barely a whisper. 

" I am all ears," he gently cooed. 

"Actually," she paused licking her lips and the process rang bells in his head, for she looked breathtaking like ever but before he could do anything inappropriate, he remembered where they were standing. Literally in the middle of a railway station. People were giving strange looks to the couple in hand and he was surprised that she was alright with that. She didn't even give them her notice. 

He then glanced back at her to know what she was going to tell him, turning his full attention to her alone.  

"Actually! We have met before." Her statement made him go on a mock shock. 

"Uh! What? Really?"  

" Yes." She parted her lips speaking the truth, let him know what he hasn't known from the beginning. 

"When? Where? How come I don't remember seeing you before?" He blasted questions after questions taking a step back, leaving her hands hanging to her sides. 

"Here." She stretched her upper limbs showing the vanity of the station and his eyes laced with confusion. 

"In this Railway station, I have seen you Maahi." Now her voice became a jumbled mess of wrecking nerves and she was shaking a tad bit but still, she continued, "Actually," she said the word thrice in a row, "Three years back, on the 9th of April twenty sixteen, I was traveling with my Mom in a train from Bangalore to Chennai. My cousin brother asked me to do dua for the dua made on traveling gets answered. I was making dua of marrying someone righteous and my gaze flickered towards the train's door and I prayed for the man standing there to be my future husband. Guess what? It was you who was standing there."