Platform No. 2

BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHEEM.

"Shabna," Jesima called out to get her friend's attention.

Shabna just hummed as a reply because she was too busy-engrossed in watching the cute little features of the baby. Though she couldn't understand what they were, anyhow, they were her baby girl's and that thought was enough to bring coolness to her eyes. Her vision did not waver from the ultrasound images on the monitor which was located in front of her.

"The baby is healthy, Masha Allah"

"Alhamdulillah," she thanked Allah with all of her heart, her lips quivered into a small smile, moisture secreted in her eyes which threatened to spill any moment.

This news for Shabna brought happiness just like it brings happiness to the one who was suffering from drought and the smile they would showcase when they hear the news of the water's arrival and like the one who wins a lottery ticket.

It does not mean that Shabna was not happy with her marriage. She was or you may put forth as she was trying to fit in, she was giving her full to adjust to the jigsaw puzzle of her inlaws but no matter how hard she tried, her shape was too different from them, and no matter how badly she pushed, she never fit in.

She was married for two years now.

For starters, it all happened so fast that within a blink of an eye her surname changed. She was referred to as Armaan's wife.

Armaan was a guy whose looks would make girls flutter like butterflies, with good background and a stable job. But when it came in terms of relationships, he was a total zero.

Most of the efforts to keep their marriage going were of Shabna's.

He seldom stayed home, he always roamed outside, even on holidays, he spent his time with his friends rather than her. Shabna was okay with that. He doesn't care whether his mother tortured Shabna to her core or criticized her. Shabna was okay with that too. He doesn't try to even start a conversation with her, Shabna was okay with that too.

But sometimes these things do make her feel suffocated. Still, Shabna gave heart, body, and soul to Armaan. She loved him so much so that she took all the arrows with a smile. 

Just like her mother's advice that these would change in the future and she hoped him to.

"Hey! Girl, where have you lost?" Jesima's words brought her back to reality. 

"Nowhere, Jessie"

"What is with you and one-word answers?",

"For your kind information, my last sentence contained two words," Shabna smiled cheekily as she stood up from the bed and straightened her dress to fall below. 

"Whatever," Jesima huffed", Did you had your breakfast?"

That made Shabna go quiet.

"Shabna", Jesima paused her mouse from copying the images to print,"Don't be so careless. By this time you should have already started eating food for two people."

"I know Jessie, but I was running late this time. I can't lose the opportunity that lets me see my baby for anything," Shabna replied earnestly, placing a hand over the small bump on her tummy. 

"Alright! this is your last chance of giving such lame excuses. I will not allow you the next time you come here without having a proper meal."

"Sure," Shabna grinned walking up to her friend and she pinched Jesima's cheeks. They then chatted for a small while and soon after receiving the reports, Shabna stepped out of the hospital due to the heavy cue lining outside the room, Jesima was acquiring for taking the scan. That became the reason for them to be not able to talk more. 

The sun was shining prominently over the sky making her go all sweaty. She was supposed to board an autorickshaw home, not to forget to also buy the vegetables required for her to prepare lunch. 

She somehow managed to get an auto with a good driver who agreed to wait before the supermarket for her to shop and also leave her home later on. 

She got down near the market and opened the door and breathed in the fresh air conditioning breeze which welcomed her to step in. It felt refreshing and the cozy atmosphere brought in a good vibe to rush through her body. 

She grabbed a basket and filled it with potatoes, tomatoes, and green chilies. She placed a noodles package, ground beef, and a can of fresh juice. 

They say pregnancy comes with cravings and Shabna was no exception. 

She so badly wanted to ask Armaan to buy her chocolates and lollipops but thinks otherwise, feeling embarrassed. Who would want to eat lollipops at her age? She would scold her mind. But her hormones won't care about the age or place they live in. All they want is their cravings to be fulfilled. 

Sighing, Shabna gave in to her underlying desires and walked towards the children's section of the mark,et and breathed contently at the sight of different varieties of heavenly goodies. 

She grabbed some M & Ms, Kit Kats,  Toblerone along with different flavors of lollipops. 

Shabna thought of having one per day because she did not want to spoil the baby girl growing inside her with sweet temptations just yet. 

It will be a treat in the future. 

A future that dangled in the foundation of small threads which will eventually cut off and whose existence our poor Shabna was unaware of. 

A goofy smile spread over her beautiful cheeks as she rushed to bill her basket, remembering the auto driver waiting for her outside. 

As she was in a hurry she bumped into someone and the basket they carried fell causing the person to shriek in annoyance. 

Before Shabna could apologize, someone grabbed the lady by her shoulder, turning to face him completely, "Baby! Are you alright?"

"I am fine. The girl was daydreaming probably," replied the lady, Shabna bumped into. 

When that person heard her reply and turned to look at Shabna did the color of his face went dry. 

The basket Shabna was holding with so much love fell to the ground as she eyed him having his hand wrapped around her shoulder. 

Her world came to a standstill and then all at once, with all its might, it shattered and crumbled down to ashes. Adrenaline rushed through her body. Her stance froze her heart for a second and it stopped its process of pulping blood, her throat clotted, and her eyes glazed at him with the shock of the scene that just unfolded before her.

***

Who do you think is this person?