Platform No. - 5

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Raheem. 

Shabna now took the wet cloth and squeezed it to remove the water and then neatly placed it over the rope and pinned it, so that when the wind blew, the clothes wouldn't fly away. 

Though she was physically putting the clothes to dry, mentally her mind was elsewhere. 

She reminded herself for the hundredth time to be patient over her situation and forced herself to accompany the thought that this is what her life is. She couldn’t run away from here, she couldn't escape the situation, she couldn’t die, all she could do was to endure the pain with brave patience. 

Unknown to her, a small tear rolled over her cheek as she bit her lips. 

She bit so hard that she felt the coppery taste of blood seeping her tongue. 

After filling all the ropes that were hanging with wet clothes, she climbed down the stairs. She was about to step down the porch of their house when she heard her husband call her, "Shabna, coffee!" 

She gritted her teeth and went to prepare one for him. 

She placed a pot of milk to boil and proceeded to make breakfast which was Chicken Pasta. She meanwhile marinated the chicken and when the milk boiled she poured it over a cup and stirred with coffee powder and a cube of sugar. 

Two days had gone by that awful incident. 

Both the husband and wife had not talked about it aloud. They both acted as if the encounter never happened. 

Today was Sunday and Armaan had a day off. 

He woke up late and asked her for some hot coffee. He was leaning over an easy chair and reading the newspaper when she entered the room. 

She placed the cup on the nearby table adjacent to him and then went to make the bed. 

Armaan looked over his wife and sighed. 

"Shabna!" He said in a carefree voice. She didn't turn but stilled in her action. 

"Shabna!" He repeated. When she continued making bed, he went to her and turned her around to face him. "Shabna! Don't you hear me?" His tone was angry. 

Shabna's breathing hitched at the close proximity and her hand strained with pain as he was held her hand roughly. 

"W-h-a-t n-o-w?" She stuttered. 

"Don't act like nothing happened between us. I don't understand what you are doing. Don't you want to talk about it?" He asked. 

She squeezed her eyes shut and small tears grazed her closed eyes but they didn't fall.