twenty four

Packing made everything seem numb and surreal. After the deep confession that made us realize not only each others feelings but ourselves - we've settled down and the silence that comes from pouring thoughts started to consume us by the minute. 

I was such deep in thought that my head was spinning and I forgot what just happened. Are we together? Is anything gonna happen after this? What's going on?

"I'm done - are you?" He asks and I hesitantly nod. Scanning the room to make sure I don't miss anything.

"Right, lets go," He nods back in response and grabs my hand.

We almost reached the door, but he stops and looks at me.

"Wait here, I'll go get something."

"What-" My mind forms a sudden question but he runs to get something that I have no conclusions to what it might be.

Before I get to run after him, he comes back with a metallic looking suitcase that made me wonder even more of the things inside it.

"Don't worry about it, let's go," He puts his hands on the small of my back and I quickly oblige - I'm not taking a missed flight as an excuse to slow down whatever is going.

-

An hour and a speeding ticket later, we arrived to the airport with the other boys waiting grumpily in the airplane. 

"What the fuck took you so long?" Louis cursed as he looked at Harry with a look. 

"Living life on the edge is how we do it here, I think," Harry gave him a smile and I nudge him to move through the narrow row between the airplane seats since there were impatient people who were poking me with their bags.

"I call dibs on the window seat," He points to our seat and I roll my eyes.

"You're honestly still in elementary school," I tease him and he pouts for a second.

Childish. My brain notes down another trait of his.

Turns out he was joking. He saw my ignorant expression and decided to say 'ladys first'. I honestly didn't care. I just want to get there and make sure that Caleb didn't do anything to my family. My dad. It wasn't to the point where panic attacks would sneak in and out of my feelings, but it's to the point where thinking of it made my heart beat so rapidly that I couldn't catch my breath.

What if he goes missing by the time we got there? What if I see him for the last time with blood sprawled all across his body? What if I didn't spend enough time with him?

What if everything goes wrong?

My eyes flicker left and right, I couldn't comprehend what would happen next at all. I'm just giving it my best and trying to help as much as possible.

"Hey, you okay?" Harry snaps me out of my thoughts with a gentle nudge.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I nod reassuringly.

He smiles that cheeky smile that I've grown to adore and rests his head on my shoulder. The scent of his chocolate brown curls floating to my senses.

As he lifts his head up, I slowly press my face against his cheeks and my lips instinctively planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Everything will be alright, babe," He wraps his arms around my shoulder and rubs it gently. Reassurance floods in me and I feel calm.

I tilt my head and placed it on his shoulders. His arms wrapped itself tighter around me and I fall into deep sleep. One that didn't made me worry too much. But, maybe just a little.

"Dad?" I call out, hoping to hear a sign of life in the wrecked office I used to call home. Books and sheets of paper filled the room and I couldn't spot any sense of human being.

"Dad!" I call out once more, tears flooding my eyes and rolling down my cheeks.

"Taylor it's no use, Caleb got to him," Harry tries to comfort me but that made me angrier. My face burned of mixing emotions and I run forward to his office.

"No, no, no - Dad where are you?!" I shout as loud as I can, breaking down the door to find his seat. But I didn't find seats nor did I find anyone. I found a corpse.

Blood drippling down his tuxedo, his blue eyes that reflected almost the same pair of mine were still opened, however no oxygen were exhaled out of his nose.

"Dad! No, Dad!" I screamed as my feet fell on its own and all I was able to do was crouch down next to him. All the emotions popped out of it's shell and I screamed, shouted and I screamed again. For god to give him back and for angels to deliver his soul back on Earth. I needed him. Pain consumed me.

I wake up, panting. Dry tears lay on my cheek as I wipe them away hesitantly.

"We are now slowly landing at the Portland International Airport, official landing will be taking place in approximately ten minutes," The formal voice of the air hostess announces through the speakers.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Harry asks me, rubbing my back as I choke out the lump in my throat.

"I had a nightmare," I groan as my body relaxes itself, my muscle ached and I could tell that I was tensing the whole time.

"What was it about?" He asks.

I tell him.

"That doesn't happen in reality, darling," He laughs. "Oh goodness, you have a shit load to learn about - if Caleb actually wanted to threaten you, all he'd do is torture him, sounds bad but it's better than a kill, right? He wouldn't do it that easily, trust me." 

His green eyes looked right at my soul and I felt pieces of me melting. It was a force of intensity.

His expression forms a soft smile and he leans in to kiss my cheek. His soft lips pressed against mine for the longest time and sparkles of disappointment appeared when he let go.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're experiencing turbulence's at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience," The speakers announced as I lean into kiss him back.

All of the sudden, a turbulence hits the plane and the plane trembled, my lips mis-aimed itself and I ended up kissing his lower cheek which made him giggle.

I blush and decided to laugh it off. Nice going, Swift. 

"You almost kissed me," His laughing faded off into this deep voice that I could replay all day in my head.

He cups my cheek and brushes his thumbs against them as I leaned in again. His lips pressed against mine and it felt like everything at once. It doesn't feel the same everytime I kiss him. It always feels like the first; and to describe that, it's wanting to kiss him again and again and again. It's wanting to feel his lips just incase you forget it the next day.

As we landed, I try to calm down as the I play unexpecting scenes over in my head.

I have to fix myself and adapt myself to reality. It's either life or death.

((lol if ya'll care - the cute airplane kiss haylor had in this chapter was actually a reenactment of my first kiss whoops :))