sixteen

"Liam, drive faster," I say as the car speeds up abruptly.

"Calm down, we'll make it, I'm betting Caleb hasn't even sharpened his knife yet," Zayn assured, but it only made my heart beat faster.

As we pulled down into the street, making sure that the car was at least a good distance away from the building, Zayn pulled off the earpieces from the little mini suitcase that consists of all he possible equipment we might need.

After passing it to all of us, he checks the microphone that is usually attached with the earpiece. He checks that we can all hear the sounds of each of our voices through the earpieces and with that we get out of the car.

I walk carefully, but as quickly as I can to the back of the building, while Niall and Louis gives me a quick nod before heading the side in order to go through the window.

"Scalpel size about fifteen should work," I say after examining the door knob, with that, Zayn quickly pulls out the tool and passes it to me. I work the tool in the knob and after hearing the sound of a click, also known as the sound of utter satisfaction, I give it a little flick and the door opens in the blink of an eye. The creek makes all of us shiver as I carefully slow down the pace of the door, preventing further noise.

"Good luck mate," Zayn pats my back firmly as he jogs back to the car and checking again on the earpieces. I give him a small reassuring nod and I proceed my way in the building with Liam cautiously flickering his eyes at every corner of the room.

Suddenly, a noise sounds from the window, making me slightly jump, the small window pane slides open, the noise echoes throughout the dark corridor and this signals that Niall and Louis has successfully unlocked the window. Their shadows appeared and sooner or later, they joined Liam and I.

We walk through the door in silence, air full of tension and minds full of anxiety.

After several minutes of walking through twisting corridors, I couldn't find the voice I was expecting to hear and I didn't see the girl that I wanted to save.

I clench my jaw in frustration, through every turn, we've found nothing but empty dark rooms that had no one in it and everything made my mind spin.

Before I could process my thoughts further on, a man came into my sight and the boys stopped at an abrupt jolt.

Our bodies tipped back and my hands instinctively flew to the walls, grasping it and letting my back press against them. The man was about five foot eleven. I can handle that and it wouldn't be a bother to get a little help from an employee that obviously knows where Taylor is.

"Lads, cover me," I whisper, breaking my contact with the wall.

Before they could stop me, I slowly crept behind the guy who walked as if there was no tomorrow.

Even though my plans are not created and my mind was blank, I spotted a gun. It could be a great distraction and I'd get some necessary information.

I spot an empty room just to the left wall of the corridor and points at the boys to proceed their way there.

With that, I snatch the gun swiftly from the poor guy and without hesitation, I shoot his right foot before he could say anything, ripping the lower piece out of his pants, I quickly drag him to the room the boys are in before any blood starts to seep out which can cause trails and within seconds, footsteps were heard, rushing back and forward, but luckily they didn't spot us at all.

The guy was breathing heavily, but I covered my hands on top of his mouth, I felt the sweat on his face and the pace of his breathing, but the thought of this man working for someone that is apparently worse than scum made me pity him less.

"Right then, mate, unless you want a slow death, tell me where Taylor Swift is," I demand, quietly pressing on his mouth harder, limiting his sound, but letting go when I realized that he had to speak.

"I don't know, I have no involvement-"

"Bullshit!" I spit and he glares at me. "Don't even try to give me a shit face and don't think about lying because I know you work for a dick and you obviously know where she is!" I partially shout.

"Any information I know should not be passed on to-" He starts to speak but I cut him off with a punch in the stomach, earning a stare from the other boys.

"She's in room f-one-zero-six," He chokes and I nod.

"Zayn, check room f-one-zero-six," I say in the earpiece and I immediately get a reply.

"She's in there," He answers and I quickly ran through the halls, the other boys catching up to me.

"Where is the room?" Niall says behind me, directing it through the earpiece as well.

"Corridor on your left, second to last room on the right wall."

I follow his instructions and sooner or later, I was at the second to last room to on the right wall. The god damn door does not consist of a bloody window.

"Taylor!" I shout, twisting on the locked door knob.

I hear silence.

"Hey, you better answer me!" I shout again, banging on the door, my heart beating out of my chest.

Again, the silence became louder.

I wait. I didn't bang on the door, I didn't twist on the knob, I step away and listened carefully.

I tried to make out a noise and through the door, I hear her, but I couldn't comprehend what she was saying.

"She's in there, alright," Louis broke in, grabbing the same scalpel from my pocket and pressing it on the lock.

With the click of the lock, I bursts through the door and I see her, duct tape across her mouth, mascara flowing down her cheeks. I rush in alone, leaving Liam, Louis and Niall outside the door. I rush to her and my hands instinctively unties the ropes that are attached to her legs and arms, creating rashes that looked like they burned like hell.

But she didn't look happy, her expressions were stressful and it looked like she was trying to say something to me.

"What?" I say and she tries her best to shout out the words, but I couldn't comprehend the words she was pronouncing.

But it was too late, because I immediately felt the urge to dodge, but even if I did, it hit me in the worse way. The knife cut through my arms and it sent an absolute searing pain throughout my body and my mind span faster than a hijacked carousel.

And then I knew what she was trying to say. This is a bait. I walked right into a trap.