fifteen

Harry's POV

Two thirty in the morning; that's the time. He took her at ten minutes past one. That makes it an hour and twenty minutes. 

And I stood completely still while she was being dragged all the way out of the rooftop and out of my grasp. The moment before that was absolute bliss but the moment after was an absolute horror.

Everything is so wrong and she didn't deserve half the shit. I could've helped her, but knowing Caleb, he would've shot her without hesitation if I moved one bit.

I pace back and forth in my room alone, chewing on my lip, my mind racing faster than it ever will. I've been thinking since, but nothing seemed to pop up. My plans were lacking especially when my heart beated faster than anything, so of course, I called in some help that will surely think faster than myself.

Picking up my phone and struggling with the buttons lead to forcing myself to sit down and breathe. Looking out at the big landscape I have of New York City. She could be anywhere down there or being murdered down there and I wouldn't even know. The thought made my breathing faster.

"Hey," I say on the phone.

"Did you get the money?" Zayn asks, partially whispering.

"I'll beat the shit out of him if he doesn't," I hear Niall's voice in the background as I clench my jaws.

"Caleb has her," I announce, feeling my stomach churn right when I said that.

The phone went silent and everything seemed like it was put into a sudden stop.

"Mate, this is not a joke," Liam's voice abruptly pops up through the dial.

"Can you come over?" My voice cracks. My head is spinning and my sanity is slowly crashing down.

"Mate, you alright?" 

"Yes, just come over," I whisper as I hang up the phone and ran my hands through my hair. It's gonna be a shit long night. Game on, Caleb.

.

The door bell sounds and Liam's head pops through the door, concern clearly shown in his expression.

"What's going on?" He says as the other boys continue to proceed to my couch.

"Well, I couldn't take the money," I say, closing my eyes temporarily to make sure I would not go compeltely insane.

"Why?" Louis' voice sounds of disappointment and I decide to keep quiet.

"Can you help me with something?" My voice cracks for the second time.

"Sure, mate," Liam pats my back. He probably sensed my anxiety.

"Well, as I told you, Caleb's got Taylor and.." My voice trails off and nervousness dwells inside me. "I want you to help me find her," I say and their expressions change.

"Explain," 

"There's this feeling that makes me feel like this is just not right-"

"But if we let her go, this won't involve us anymore, Caleb can deal with her himself," Louis cuts me off.

"That doesn't work for me," I shake my head, but before I could explain further, Niall steps in with a piece of paper and a pen.

"Right, lets get to work," 

.

After countless hours of planning and driving my mind completely insane, the last touches are only for backup plans. It's fifty minutes past four. 

"Let's just rerun this, right," Liam says and I nod, synchronizing with the other boys.

"So, the Hudson company, as we know is where Caleb is most likely at, is at this street," He points to the map we've eventually created. "We're getting in using the earpiece and we'll talk through there, but Harry and I are going through the back door, Niall and Louis, you guys work through the window and Zayn would be operating from outside, alright?" He concludes and we all nod in response.

With that, we stand up, Zayn quickly grabbing all the objects we needed and as the clock hits five. We head out into the night. The air was calm and breezy, nothing was filled with tension, but then there's me, carrying that sliver of hope that I might be able to save her.

[I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG IM SORRY, BUT IM PROBABLY DOING A DOUBLE UPDATE bc this chapter was shitty af and it's a foreshadow for all of ya'll who are confused :) my schedule has been rough bc of school and again, im so so sorry :( i understand if you get bored and choose to leave and erase this from your library, but to any of you who've stayed, ilysm and I hope you keep reading my books ily]