eleven

"Abi!" I call her as the curly hair red-head turns around to face me. Today, I've called Abigail, my good, old, high school friend for a nice little lunch, just for the sake of reunion.

"Taylor!" She replies and comes rushing down the street to hug me. I hug her back and we continue to proceed our way to the restaurant that we previously agreed on earlier.

After ordering some new menus that we haven't tried before, I decided to spark up a conversation before it got boring, despite our close relationship, just having lunch can be a bore.

"So, how's Peter?" I ask.

"Uh- we broke up, kinda," She replies awkwardly and my jaw drops. They've been together for more than two years and I don't think I'm able to see Abigail with somebody else.

"What?" 

"Yeah, it was over the phone, he was a jerk anyways," She shakes her head, probably signalling that she didn't want to proceed deeper into the topic.

"What about you? Anything interesting?" She asks and that question makes me think hard. 

"Well, in terms of interesting and completely intriguing, there's this guy that recently moved in the Acacia penthouse - next to mine, and he's just plain interesting," I blurt out and she gives me a weird look, a questioning expression.

"Something tells me that you're getting it," She smirks, digging her fork into the salad and dipping it into sauce.

"Getting what?" I question, chewing on my food.

"Getting the idea," She explains, her explanation nowhere near clear, stopping to swallow the food before continuing, "You never got it before, but judging by the looks of it, I'm pretty sure you know what it feels like, I don't know how to explain this, but you just gotta feel it yourself you know, it's one of those things where a specific definition won't be able to define it exactly. I mean, yeah, well, you can go look it up in the dictionary, but let me tell you, the words written to define it will not get even close to the feeling itself. It's a powerful thing and it's rare - well in your case anyways, to feel it. I'm not sure, but being your close friend and all, I'm pretty sure." She grins and continues eating her food.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? What feeling?" I inquire, completely confused by what she's saying. I've never been so confused with her words before. 

"I prefer you figure it out yourself because you're gonna flip if I say it,"

This drives me even crazier and it creeps me out, to say the least. But I didn't ask further questions, she knows me more than my parents do and I trust her enough to believe in what she's saying, whether it's positive or negative, I'm willing to figure it out.

After countless minutes of finishing the meal to just sitting and talking about random things and experiences. My phone starts ringing and it surprises me quite a lot due to the fact that no one's really contacted me and that, but I quickly dug my hands into my pocket to get my phone. I hurriedly stood up and excused myself out of the restaurant.

I peered down at my phone which is still ringing annoyingly. The name shows the an unknown caller and my eyebrows furrow at the name. I contemplate on answering, but my fingers move faster than my instincts.

"H-Hello?" I stammer.

"Well, well, well, Taylor Swift, correct?" A deep voice greets through the other side of the dial.

"Um- yeah," I answer, gulping air into my dry throat.

"Let's get straight to the point, we need the money, give it to us and that ends it," He demands and I feel a bubble of anger and curiosity fuel into my emotions.