eighteen

[im sorry i havent published this i literally have NO time but iTS WINTER BREAKKK :) MERRY CHRISTMASSS]

"Room f-one-zero backed up," Zayn speaks through the earphones.

Taylors screams stops and it turned into soft cries. I wish I could just be with her and calm her down, brushing away her fears like they were nothing. I wanted to be the one who clears her complications and fixes her problems. I want to be the one who cares for her and I want to be the one who she looks forward to seeing. But that feeling is so foreign, I don't know what to call it. Plus, I'm helpless, I can barely move and the pain consumed every ounce of me.

My eyes were blurry, but I try to pick up slivers of strength to make myself helpful, at least for the time being or something.

I look up to see Liams fist coming in contact with Caleb, knowing both of them equally as well, I trust Liam. Combat is Liam's significant skill and Caleb lacked that. My attention turns to Kayla, Taylor and Niall.

"Let her go, Kayla, you don't want to do that," Niall threatens, gun aiming at Kayla.

Shit. Shit.

"Kayla, drop her," My heart pounds as those words seem to slip out of my mouth due to instincts.

Kayla has her arms around Taylors neck. Dead lock. Knowing the amount of strength that bitch has, Taylor has no chance of getting out.

"Test me, Horan," She growls.

But then again, I notice something. It's Niall shooting. Not Louis, not Liam, not Zayn and not myself either.

I remember being at the aiming station and Niall scored six bullseye's, by six, means six out of six. He scored full score for all of his classes except for the first and second. Known for his significant accuracy.

My mind races. I can trust him too. He's not going to shoot Taylor. He'll shoot Kayla. Hopefully.

"I warned you," Niall threatens once more, but she doesn't get it. She doesn't get that this decision will end her life right here and now.

Taylor, on the other hand, breathes erratically. I can see her skin color fading to white by the second and that says enough.

"Niall, shoot her," I say through my breath.

Nialls expression tenses. He's holding back. He's never the one who'd kill at first glance, opposing to me. He's indecisive and he's hesitant.

"Last warning, Kayla," He loads the bullet, in the meanwhile, Caleb falls to the ground, receiving further gut punches from Liam.

Taylor starts coughing, her face turned pale white and I couldn't stand it. Her natural pink lips didn't hold the same color anymore.

"Fuck Niall, shoot!" I shout and in that second, I hear him pull the trigger of the gun and my heart stops. I didn't want to open my eyes. I didn't want to see who he shot and I didn't want to think of who he could've shot.

Brace yourself, Styles. I think to myself.

I slowly open my eyes and see Taylor on the floor and my heart pushes itself out of my chest.

I quickly push myself to get closer; to see closer. She's breathing, but a meter away from her lies a puddle of crimson red blood. I look to that direction to see Kayla on the floor, her eyes wide open and her body shaking. Too late. She's not gonna make it and I didn't expect it either.

But that was the least I was worried about.

I push my way towards, Taylor, despite the bullet stinging in my arms and the bruises that made me feel pain.

My hands automatically reach to her arms and her hands. Her breath was out of control and it wasn't in a normal pattern.

"Niall!" I call him and he rushes towards her.

"Is she okay? Fuck, what sh-" I start to say.

"Calm down, she's fine. Traumatized, I'm guessing," He assumes after observing her pale appearance.

I look at her and my heart beats. Her hair is shorter than before, her blonde locks no longer shone like before and her liveliness, cheery eyes are dark and widened. Tears rim at the bottom of her eyes, but her face seems expressionless.

"Ugh, shit," I curse under my breath as I wipe the tears that rolled down her cheeks. To my surprise, she actually moves and turns her attention to me.

"Are you hurt?" Her mouth moves, but so little sound comes out and I don't respond. I was speechless about the fact that she cares and that made me think about the reason why she cares.

"Kayla!" Calebs voice explodes. And we all turn her attention to him.

The poor man pushes himself towards the dead body and his expression turned blue. Sadness filled his eyes as he hugged the soulless body that laid on the floor.

We watched him cry and mourn, but we didn't move one bit. Everyone was at loss of words.

Suddenly, he turned his full attention towards us, his arms still wrapped around her and his eyes resembled anger.

Okay. He's gonna rage and unleash his anger. Fine by me. But I need to protect her first.

"Right, try to calm down and follow us, okay?" I reassure her and she takes one big breath before nodding.

I hesitantly lace my fingers with hers and I hold it tightly. I surely can't afford to let go of her.

"You fucking bastards!" Caleb shouts at us and surprisingly, she tightens her hold on my hand.

As soon as Caleb grabs the gun, Niall shoots the door down and we all sprint out the door as fast as we can. Not looking back. I can hear Taylor pant behind me, our hands still connected, but I can't stop. It's either stop and die or run and survive.

Before we have time to decide which ways to go, voices in the speaker booms and echoed through the walls.

"Emergency; Harry Styles, Taylor Swift and the rest of the Hudson agency has been out of reach. All guards and securities are to be in search. Do not let them out of radar,"

[disclaimer: brace yourselves.]