twenty two

((ok some of ya'll might say this is cheesy and taylor's being too 'overeactive'; but try putting yourself in her shoes you're probably going to feel at least more than three emotions in one day okay))

"I'll start booking the flights to Portland then," Zayn says, picking up his notebook which rested on the couch and automatically typing.

"Good, book five," Harry says and my thoughts alter. Five? I thought it was six? Am I going? Who's not going? Who's going to be left here?

"Why five?" I question, my thoughts pouring out.

"Because you're not going," Harry answers blankly and this time, my emotions change completely. I've never felt the ray of emotions go so quick through my mind all the colors representing it felt like it flashed all at once. 

"What?" 

"You heard me," He says, rolling his eyes and anger fumes up, boiling inside of me.

"I don't think I heard that right then," I recall, "I am going, period," I emphasize on the words.

"Not period, you're not go-"

"Why?" I interrupt him, putting my mug down so loud the table vibrated a noise that made everyones eyes flicker to the both of us.

"You're making a scene."

"You started it-" I start to say but he interjects.

"Let's go talk somewhere else, people are having breakfast here," He pats my shoulder and I flinch at his abrupt touch.

Despite the sideglance that he gave me, I demanded myself to follow him. I needed to go there - I couldn't just leave and wait in here like rapunzel. This isn't a cheesy fairytale with cliche endings - it's reality where I could die. And I wanted to help. I couldn't just wait here, be a damsel in distress and do nothing until he returns and tells me that he's safe and everything is 'fine'. It doesn't work like that. Not in my page at least.

"Why can't I go?" I say right away, looking him straight in the eye as soon as he closes the door.

"Just cause I don't want you to go?" Unbelieveable. Just absolutely, completely unbelievable.

"How am I supposed to help you if I can't go?" My voice shakes and it rattles through all out my entire body.

"You're telling us where to go first and then you'll wait here until everything's safe."

"That's not how it works!" I start to raise my voice, but the door booms open and Zayns voice cuts in.

"Guys-" 

"Not now Zayn, we're having a conversation," I look at Harry, my eyes red and blurry from the tears that burned my eyes.

"It's important-"

"You heard her, we're having a conversation," Harry mocks me and I roll my eyes.

"If you could just fucking listen!" He shouted and Harry and I flinch at the sudden boom of voice.

Zayn shuts his eyes to calm down and my breathing pace increases.

"I found information on Abigail Anderson."

"What?" I say, my heart beat pounds out of my chest.

"The rest of the info is on my computer, check it," He gestures his hands to signal that I should follow him and I immediately rush out of the room with Harry.

"We've found some information in the security camera, it's unstabled but we've processed the tape and it should be visuable," He clicks on a button and a black and white tape showing the date and time shows up.

I see a figure with puffy red hair. Abigail. She was walking on the pavement, hand on top of her handbag. Suddenly, her body was snatched into an alley, her legs were the only feature that was still in sight and moved to wiggle out of the tight grip.

The snatcher had a knife, he stabbed her left waist and suddenly her legs went limp, it didn't move and no one saw the incident. 

Tears rimmed at the bottom of my eyes as Zayn replayed the tape.

"Watch this carefully, right, love," He says in his thick accent, rubbing my shoulders for comfort.

The tape started to replay.

It showed when she got stabbed. The knife slid right into her body, just like water, it was that easy.

He paused it.

The video started to zoom into a mirror in the shop next to he incident. I winced my eyes to look closer and to gather and collect my thoughts. It zoomed closer. And closer. 

A slight figure was showed as a reflection of the mirror, it reflected the sight through the window of my shop. The figure had brown hair and his arms held a tight grip to Abigail, strangling her and enabling her power to breathe.

His face was familiar and my heart pounded harder every second. I know who he is.

It's Caleb.

Suddenly, my mind zooms back to the call I received, the one when I was with Abigail. His voice was the same one. He meant it. He threatened me successfully by hurting one of my friends.

"Harry," I immediately call. "I have to go, please," I beg and he blinks back at me blankly, his eyes sweeping left and right, like he's contemplating.

"Please," I barely whisper, my expression twisting around. "He hurt her, understand where I'm coming from, Harry." 

I try to knock some sense into him but he shook his head.

"I'm just gonna wait outside, I've booked her tickets too, if you change your mind," Zayn pats Harry on the back and leaves without anymore words.

"Why are you doing this? I thought you were reasonable-"

"I am being reasonable," He explains, rolling his eyes and burning them into mine.

"I don't get you," I sigh and I bury my face into his shoulders abruptly. I'm just tired, I've been through so much and I just felt like everytimes crumbling down and the pieces are all knocking at me.

"I don't get myself either," He mumbles and wraps his arms around my back, rubbing it gently. I could feel his heavy breathing on my shoulder.

"Please, Harry," I whisper into him, hot tears burning on my cheeks, rolling down onto his shirt.

"I'm sorry, darling," He says and my stomach erupts from the name he chose to call me. He drops himself on the sofa with myself in his arms and I rest on his chest. Tired of crying and complaining. Tired of everythings that's happened.

"I'm sorry," He keeps whispering and I shake my head at the response, I don't want an apology, I don't want a response that doesn't mention the fact that I have to go.

I just have to.

He kisses my forehead and butterflies erupt from my stomach once again. Everytime his lips touch mine, it feels like some electro magnetic field surrounds my being and it shocks both him and I. It feels like it meant everything and every touch meant something real.

I sigh once more and decide to shut up. He'll eventually give in, I promise to myself.

((I'LL PROBABLY BE BACK WITH CONSTANT UPDATES HOLLA))