thirty

Red. Crimson red blood oozing out from his blue plaid shirt, seeping and dripping onto the floor. His skin turns pale by the second and his chocolate brown hair gets soaked in the gnarly liquid that splattered on the floor by the horrific gunshot that was directed to him.

"No!" I screamed as I rush towards him. 

His eyes slowly start to close as the tears roll down my cheeks, hot tears that sent chills through my body and gave the biggest lump in my throat.

"Don't you dare die on me," My breath hitched in my throat, choking me and my hands fled to his cheeks, trying to warm his cold skin that looked like there was nothing in him. Not a single spirit, his life was drained out of him in an instant and I can feel my whole world falling apart.

And when I thought it was going to get better, it got worse. His mouth parted and he took his last breath. I felt it. The slight gush of wind that slowly wandered out of his parted lips like a fading aroma from a dead candle.

That's when I lose it. I cry harder and bury my head into his neck. Caleb's snickers slowly seep into my senses and I felt hatred, anger, sadness and the feeling of tragic loss stood out of all the feelings inside me.

"I can't lose you," I whisper into his ear, ignoring the evilness surrounding our presence.

"I can't lose you," I whisper again, hoping that he'd wake up, but he doesn't. His limp body doesn't move an inch, the only movement was me trying to move him myself.

"I really can't, please wake up," Tears roll down my cheeks, landing on his clothing that had gnarly dry pieces of blood on them.

"Wake up, please" I nuzzle my head onto his shoulder, hoping for any signs of living.

And my eyes broke open. Tears were stained on my cheek and the lump in my throat disappears.

"Sweetheart, wake up please," Harry's voice booms in my ear.

"Harry?" I call out as my eyes started to process my vision.

"I'm here," He says and I slowly sit up, reaching out my hand to find his.

"Oh my gosh, it was so cruel, Harry," I cry into his shoulder, the headache I have seems to have taken over me.

"What's wrong?" He questions, rubbing my back slowly. I look over to see the curtains shut, the dark still consuming the earth with a slight shade of sunshine. It must be the crack of dawn. 

"I had a dream that you were shot and-" Sobs took over my words, "and I was left alone with your blood on the floor and I begged you to wake up but you didn't," I whimper as if I actually felt the shot myself. It really hurt that much.

He let out a sigh, "It's alright, darling," He puts his hand on the back of my head, his thumb caressing it and pulling me closer by the second.

"I'm so scared of losing you," I partially whisper, turning it into a soft cry and he shushes me.

"I'm not going anywhere, darling," He plants a kiss on my forehead.

I shake my head in disbelief of the dream and for minutes, we stayed in the same position. And it made me feel slightly better. By the time that was settled the sun had fully risen up and December slowly slid its weather onto the Earth. Twenty five days until Christmas but my life hasn't gotten any better. It's still dangerously full of risks and happy vibes are a rare thing.

After getting ready, he takes me to breakfast, which was pretty exciting, due to the fact that I haven't had a decent meal since what feels like forever.

The rest of the boys joined in along with the four boys that came to help a few days later. I learn that their name is Luke, Ashton, Michael and Calum. Luke had blonde winged up hair with a lip piercing and he was taller than Harry which impressed me. Ashton and Calum was a little shorter, they both had dark hair however Ashtons appeared with a full brunette shade. Michael was the most different out of them all, his hair was red, his piercings made him look a little bit scary since he was barely shorter than Luke; but once he started talking, he turned out to be sweeter than I thought he'd be.