eight

After the somewhat long encounter with Harry in the elevator, I was almost slightly scared to approach him directly, I'd take small glances at him if we came out to the elevator together, but we never went in at the same time, he'd only speak to me if he wanted me to go in the elevator first, but if he was in a hurry, he wouldn't do so at all.

My purpose for waking up at early mornings were not the stupid idea of getting to know him anymore, but it was to be on time for my part time job, which I've taken a bit more seriously. Of course, I had fun with it, but most of the time, the normal atmosphere of tranquility in a cafe would be out the window and the feeling of being crowded would replace it. Due to that, I could say that I didn't like the atmosphere at all. It was too noisy and many people were shouting and I just didn't like to be the middle of that, having more than five people depending on me to satisfy their hunger.

At stressful times, I would come home and bake burned cookies and that is a rare thing because I would have fun with it, but this time, something was definitely missing. I was dozing off every time the sound of the oven clicked, signalling that the baked goods are done, but I wouldn't open it, hell sometimes I don't even hear it. And most likely, I know that there is definitely something utterly wrong about me. I was a type of person who'd choose to focus on something completely important than something completely insane. I was. Now I focus on something that was out of this world, but it triggered an abundance of my curiosity. I was a person who'd choose to do work right away the moment I got it. I was a type of person who'd focus on things that would affect my life in a positive way rather than the opposite. But this time, tables have turned. I'm the type of person who'd focus on something that is surely the idea of absolute insanity. And my focus was always unstable. They weren't focusing on things that were important anymore, even worse, I focused on things that didn't even involve me. That was the problem. I couldn't bring myself to completely focus on the things that I should be involved in. I'm intrigued, mostly about Harry Styles and the fact that his rush hours were always different from normal people's. Normal people would go to work on two hours before lunch, but he'd go five hours before. Normal people would finish work at three, but he'd be finished at twelve or even weirder, he'd finish before. I don't know what's weird; it's either the way I define 'normal people', or it could be him, or it could be the fact that I've been driven completely insane.

I've had enough today, I've been stressful, work was hard as shit. I've never been so unorganized in my life and that wasn't a trait I would normally possess.

So after kicking on my shoes, I turn the knob and head straight for his door, knocking on them impatiently, he should be home, it is four in the afternoon anyways. 

Sure enough, the door opened slowly and his face appears. With that, my heart beats fast, but calm at the same time, it was controllable, but not completely. I automatically gulp down on nothing but my dry throat as I speak up.

"I'm sorry, about, um, last week," I mutter, not wanting to make eye contact, but forcing myself to. To my surprise he puts on a charming smile and laughs.

"You really think apologizing will do any good?" He says in his thick, English accent. "You think weirdly," He continues one last time before shutting the door to my face.

That was it. I couldn't handle it, I couldn't bare the sight of him. My feet calmly walked down the hallway to the elevator, I didn't know where I was going, but outside was a thought. New York wasn't the most ideal place to take deep breaths in and feel nature's air, but it was better than staying in closed room.

My feet kicked on the leaves that lay on the ground and I cuss under my breath, almost letting the emotions out. The tears form at the rim of my eyes, but it wasn't the sad type of crying, I was angry. Angry that I'm so bad at everything and angry at everything. Everything just seems so wrong and I just seem so wrong. It's not the way I imagined at all.

I cross streets, passing shops, over and over, until my feet got tired. The sky turned grey in what seemed like a matter of seconds and then it turned completely pitch black. That's when the city lights up and it turns into this chaotic, hectic place that's full of life, but nothing close to tranquility.

I know that I'm several blocks away from the apartment, but I wasn't willing to go back. Not just yet. My heart wasn't racing anymore an my breathing wasn't at a fast pace. I am calm. I can control my emotions and I am stabled.

I keep walking along the streets, passing a grocery shop where families would shop with their little children and make the little versions of themselves put the toys back on the shelf and laugh about it afterwards. I am happy, but to be honest, I was happy. There was just something missing or something to find out. I wasn't living the life that I wanted. I walk passed the store and past that was a gap that led to an alley. I stop at my tracks, my eyes wide, not daring to look to the right.

My heart races and the blood in my skin turns cold. I can feel the color draining out of my face and I attempt to control my breathing. My palms suddenly become sweaty as I feel a sharp blade press against my cloth. It didn't cut through, it was just threatening me. A hand is visible and by the looks of it, there is indeed a person who is threatening me. My first thoughts contains of robbery and burglar. I wanted to scream and cry for help, but obviously, that would make me lose my life. I could already feel the knife cutting through my skin, separating the cells if I screamed.

My fingers fiddled with the skin on my hands and slowly and carefully, I turned my head to the right, where the person holding the knife stood. But before I could complete my actions, large hands scooped my stomach and I was fully lifted to the side, into the dark alley. I felt a large pang of pain at my sides as the person threw me to the ground and I choked on my own breath, unable to speak.

Suddenly a whip of pain caused by a full-on hard kick is felt on my stomach and with that, my senses disappear, and I feel my consciousness fading within seconds.

(right hi lets get this straight, wattpad is messed up right now (either wattpad or my wifi/connection) and chapter nine of veiled melody has to be written again and I'm a little upset because I spent a lot of time writing that chapter :( anyways, I'll write it again if you just give me some time but I'll hope you enjoy this chapter ily oH AND I'LL UPDATE AS FAST AS I CAN YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO FINISH THIS CHAPTER YET [no promises])