BONUS CHAPTER #3

"Wherever you stray, I follow."

— Taylor Swift

...

...

Christian

Our lives haven't been the since the miscarriage. It's been six months. Six months of total torture.

For a change of scenery, we moved to one of our houses in the countryside. It's been only us two and a few guards here.

Mom and dad visit us from time to time, along with Rico, Francis, Amara, and baby Leah who is not really a small tiny human anymore.

We spend our time walking through the fields. Riding horses, taking care of the cattle, and just doing our thing.

Side by side, without telling Victoria. We have been looking for the drug that Matteo gave Victoria. We found a huge stash of it is ready to be smuggled all around the world.

We burnt every single trace of it. So far to our knowledge, nothing more of it is left. The stuff we found at Luigi's and Ricci's were destroyed the same day I was shot, by my father and his men.

Victoria had her suspicions but she let it go. I've been trying to be there for her in every way I can.

We have our routine set out. We only eat healthy now. We handpick and grow our own food. Boiled broccoli is an everyday thing for us. Eating an apple a day is one thing we are making sure we do.

The doctor informed us that if she takes care of herself and her body, we will have a chance to have a kid one day.

Victoria got a hopeful hearing this and I was the one who suggested living in a peaceful environment away from the bustling crowds. Even though we both hated broccoli, we have come to love it.

We even have cows here so the milk we drink is also pure. We basically live on a farm and do everything we can to make sure Victoria stays healthy.

We both started a small clinic here where the medication and treatment if free for everyone. This was Victoria's idea. She wanted to do good for other people and I couldn't be happier.

"Christian!" Victoria snaps me out of my daydream.

I walk back inside to see her struggling with her new pressure cooker.

"What's wrong?"

She looks up and pouts at me, "It won't close."