FIFTY-FOUR

"say you won't let go."

— James Arthur

...

...

I published a chap before this. I'm publishing from 53 to 57.

...

Victoria

I don't really know what happened or when it happened. I remember feeling very queasy and very light headed. I knew something was wrong with Christian.

I could feel it.

Ignoring everyone I ran out of the room and out of the house. I made sure that the gun stays in my hand. Nothing was making sense for me by then. There were dead bodies everywhere. The trees were burning up. It was a blood bath. Hell on Earth.

I started running. I kept running until I saw Matteo aiming a gun at Christian. He was yet going to take another loved one away from me.

I remember how I pulled up my gun and pulled the trigger but I was too late. Matteo himself had pulled the trigger and I watched the bullet go through Christian's chest. I watched him stumble back and into the water.

I tried to shout but nothing came out. I watched as Matteo fell to the ground with his brain matter all over him. Before I knew, I was moving towards Christian and jumped in the water.

Every fear. Every phobia evaporated because the biggest fear I've always had was losing Christian. The only good thing in my life.

I swam towards him so quickly and with such precision like I've been swimming my whole life. I saw his eyes dart towards me and his mouth stretch in a smile before his eyes closed. I immediately got a hold of his arms and dragged me up with such strength that I didn't even know I possessed.

When we were finally on the land I remember putting pressure on his wound while I cried like a maniac. I remember performing CPR on him and he coughed out the water he inhaled.

I remember someone pulling me back while I clutched onto Christian like my life depended on it. I remember seeing blood all over me. All over my hands. Legs. Clothes. It was everywhere.

"Victoria, we have to help him. Let go."

And I did.

Now at this moment I sitting in the car with Christian's head in my lap, while Rico drives us to the hospital. I don't know where anybody is. All I know is everything is okay but Christian not might be. At all.

The second we stop at the hospital Rico jumps out but I don't stop putting pressure on his wound. Paramedics with stretchers are with us in a second. They pull Christian away from me. I follow them like a magnet, not once letting Christian go away from my sight.