FIFTY-THREE

"Every time I close my eyes. It's like a dark paradise."

— Lana Del Rey
...

— Lana Del Rey

...

⚠️ Don't hate me y'all.

Also I'm publishing the whole book at once.

Epilogue will be up in the next couple days.

...

CHRISTIAN 

The second I hear the alarm my first priority is Victoria. My reaction is almost automatic, I jump off the bed and pull Victoria up with me. I could feel the fear radiating off of her voice when she asked me what was going on and the answer I gave her was probably the most difficult sentence I've ever uttered.

"Victoria, you listen to me. You, mom, and Amara are going to be in the safe room. You are not to step out, you hear me? No matter what happens, you will not try to do otherwise," I instruct, holding her tight.

"You know what you are saying is totally ridiculous and out of question. You're not going out there without me," she glares at me.

Is she out of her mind?

"That is not possible, baby."

"You are already on thin ice, Christian. If something happens to you out there I will never forgive you. Do you hear me? Never," her eyes gloss with tears.

"Please for me. You can hate me forever but please for me stay inside."

She looks like she's in an inside battle but she nods hesitantly, agreeing. I run in the closet with Victoria hot on my heels, I open the wooden chest in the closet. I take the guns and strap them on me and give one to her as well.

"We need to be extra careful about Amara," Victoria whispers when we hear bullets go off in a distance. "She's pregnant."

I look at her stunned. I would have never guessed.

"How far along is she?"

"About ten weeks. She found out when I was in the hospital," she says moving closer to me.

"I'll make sure of it, don't worry," I reassure her.

When I'm all set I grab her by the hand and run out of the room but come to a complete stop when I see dad, mom, Francis and Amara standing outside.

"What's going on dad?" I ask him.

"It was Luciano," he replies with a hard face. 

"Luciano?" Victoria repeats. "But he's your tech guy."