FORTY-FIVE

"Baby, it's just me and you. Just us two. Even in a crowded room baby it's just me and you."

— Selena Gomez

●●●

●●●

"JUST ONE MORE." He urges me.

"It tastes disgusting," I say, eyeing the spoon Christian is holding to my face. "It even looks disgusting." I cringe back from the gross soup.

"Victoria I will force you to eat it, don't test me," Christian warns me.

That drug made me lose my appetite.

"Okay but just one more," I say and hesitantly open my mouth so Christian can feed me. I feel like I'm two years old.

"That wasn't so hard, now was it?" Christian asks sarcastically putting the bowl away.

"Well, it tastes disgusting." I fake gag.

"Don't let my mom hear you," he smirks at me.

"I won't." I arrange the pillows. "Come to bed now."

"Medicines first." He opens the medicine box.

"Of course," I say sarcastically.

"Sometimes I get the feeling you aren't a doctor. The only thing that confirmed that for me was when you saved those kids back in the States." He recalls that day.

"Oh, yeah." I frown. "I never found out what happened."

"It was Ricci's gang," Christian tells me.

"What?"

"Our mafia is never about killing Innocents, we fight those who are against us," Christian explains. "They were trying to rile us up and giving us a warning. He wanted a reaction and he got one."

"That's fucked up."

"Yeah," he says distractedly. "Take your medicines."

I pick the tablets from the palm of his hand and glass from his other hand, swallowing the tablets.

"You worry too much." I pull him in the bed and take his big strong hand playing with it.  "You should chill sometimes."

"Nothing is ever going to stop me from worrying." He says with a distracted smile.

He's been like this since we came home and that was a week ago, distracted.

"What's wrong, Christian?" I sit up without wincing.

He looks like he's going to deny so I cut him off, "Don't even try to deny it. I've noticed it since we got back."

He hangs his head down but I put my hand lift his face like he always does with me. My strong, mafia boss, Christian is replaced with a lost boy.