Eleven ✔

My descent into the nightmare was swift and unrelenting, a plunge into a world where torment took the shape of cruel voices, each word a venomous strike against my very essence.

'Ugly ass.'

'Kill yourself.'

'Pussy.'

The relentless assault echoed in my ears, the malevolent chorus pushing me relentlessly towards a cold abyss. As I fought against invisible hands that pinned my shoulders, the voices intensified, clawing at the edges of my sanity.

Then came the moment of submersion, the oppressive weight forcing me beneath the surface of an ethereal realm. The water, my unwilling accomplice, embraced me, muffling the cacophony above.

In that aqueous cocoon, an eerie calm descended. The tumult of the external world faded, replaced by an unsettling tranquility. I struggled against the invisible assailants, my limbs thrashing in a desperate plea for survival, but the watery abyss was unforgiving.

Bubbles escaped my mouth as my lungs strained for air, and the realization of impending doom tightened its grip on my consciousness. The haunting silence submerged me deeper into the abyss of despair.

"Victoria!" The distant voice pierced through the watery veil, reaching me as if from another dimension. The urgency in the call grew, penetrating the veil that threatened to consume me entirely.

Louder now, the voice became a lifeline, pulling me back from the brink of oblivion.

"Ria!" With a jolt, I emerged from the depths, gasping for breath. The underwater sanctuary evaporated, replaced by the harsh reality of consciousness. I attempted to sit up, but an unseen force held me down.

"Victoria!" The voice persisted, and as my vision cleared, Christian's concerned face loomed above me. His hands firmly gripped my shoulders, anchoring me to the present.

He spoke, but the words seemed distant, the remnants of the nightmare still lingering. My hands were pinned above my head, and a surge of panic overcame me.

Blinking away the remnants of the dream, I found myself in the safety of Christian's presence. His body pressed against mine, my hands still confined. An overwhelming sense of vulnerability washed over me.

Tears welled in my eyes as I sat up, Christian releasing his hold. A mixture of fear and relief painted his features. Without hesitation, I enveloped him in a tight hug, arms finding solace around his neck. The embrace was a lifeline, grounding me in the tangible reality.

"What happened?" I uttered into the curve of his neck.

"You were trapped in a nightmare. I had to hold you down, bring you back," Christian explained, his voice betraying a hint of the unease he had experienced.

The weight of the night lifted as I sought comfort in his embrace. The room, still shrouded in the early hours, bore witness to a silent exchange between two souls tethered by shared turmoil.

"What time is it?" I inquired.

"5 in the morning," Christian replied, his steadying presence becoming a beacon in the dimly lit room.

The luminous digits of the bedside clock confirmed the unearthly hour, casting a soft glow on the contours of Christian's face. He met my gaze, concern etched in the lines of his features, the remnants of a turbulent night still lingering in the room.

A shiver coursed through my body, not from the lingering nightmare, but from the vulnerability I had inadvertently unveiled. The air hung heavy with unspoken words, a shared understanding that surpassed the boundaries of verbal communication.