FIFTY-FIVE

"Every second here without you I pretend we're skin to skin. Every single breath reminds that you never ever left.

Every time I think about you I can feel my hand give in. Cuz you're keeping me safe and warm, even when I'm home alone.

Wearing nothing but your cologne."

- Selena Gomez

...

...

I PUBLISHED CHAPTER 53 AND 54 BEFORE THIS.

Don't miss out.

...

1 week later

"We are going to remove his ventilator today, he's breathing on his own," the doctor explains. "We'll keep him under observation for the whole night. If he has no problem in breathing he'll not go back on the ventilator."

They removed his ventilator but later Christian had difficulty in breathing. He's back on the ventilator.

We don't know what to expect next.

I pray everyday for his health. But along with it I'm slowly losing myself. He has showed little signs of improvement but the doctors say it's been only a week. We can expect good news soon.

I hope what they are saying is true.

2 weeks later

"He is breathing fine on his own now, Ms. Forbes. He'll not be needing the ventilator now. He's improving. He's very better than he was three weeks ago."

I close my eyes in relief. Finally some good news.

The doctor leaves me alone with him. I sit next to him and after three long weeks I feel his lips on mine. They're not responsive so I rest my lips against his what feels like forever.

A tear escapes my eye and lands on his cheek. I gently wipe it away and rest my head against his hand.

"I love you, baby. Please wake up soon."

3 weeks later

"You are going out and that's final. You can't stay here forever. It's been six weeks," Rico argues while Amara behind him agrees with her small baby bump showing.

"Guys, I have to be there when he wakes up. Did you but see? He moved his hand. I saw it. The doctor saw. Lorenzo say it."

"That was hours ago and he has not moved an inch since then," Rico groans.

I flinch back at his statement and it doesn't go unnoticed.

"I'm sorry, Tori. I didn't mean it like that," he starts.