Twenty ✔

The soft rays of morning sunlight filter through the curtains, casting a gentle glow over the room. I blink my eyes open, the residue of sleep lingering as the events of the past days slowly come back to me. As awareness seeps in, I realize I'm still cradled in Christian's arms.

A sense of warmth and security wraps around me, and for a fleeting moment, I allow myself to linger in this haven. The world outside these arms is daunting, a reality I'm not ready to confront just yet. His steady heartbeat, a rhythmic lullaby, reassures me, and I find solace in the cocoon of his embrace.

My fingers trace absent-minded patterns on his chest as I contemplate the strange turn my life has taken. Unspoken questions hover in the air, like elusive butterflies, yet I'm not ready to release the fragile peace I've found in this quiet morning moment.

The room is silent, save for the soft hum of morning life filtering in from the outside world. I catch a glimpse of Christian's peaceful expression, and my heart softens. He's been a mystery, a complex enigma, yet in this vulnerable space, he's simply a man with his own battles.

The reluctance to face the day creeps in, and I bury my face against his chest, inhaling the scent of safety. The warmth of his body, the rise and fall of his breath, becomes a sanctuary against the uncertainties that loom beyond this room.

In this suspended moment, I allow myself the luxury of not knowing, not questioning, and simply being.

As I continue to revel in the serenity of the morning, Christian stirs slightly, his hold on me tightening as if sensing my need for reassurance. His eyes flutter open, and for a moment, there's a shared understanding between us—a silent acknowledgment of the unspoken complexities that brought us to this intimate juncture.

"Morning," he murmurs, his voice a velvety whisper that carries a mixture of warmth and sleepiness. I meet his gaze, finding a depth of emotion in his eyes that mirrors my own introspection. We linger in that unspoken connection, both aware of the delicate dance between vulnerability and strength that binds us.

A soft smile tugs at the corners of his lips, and he brushes a strand of hair from my face with a tenderness that feels almost surreal given the harsh realities we face beyond these four walls. "Are you okay?" he asks, a genuine concern lacing his words.

I nod, a small smile playing on my lips as I tighten my grip on him. "For now," I reply, not wanting to unravel the delicate peace we've found. The outside world can wait; the intricacies of our lives can remain suspended just a little while longer.

Christian's fingers gently trace patterns on my back, a silent promise that, for this moment, we can exist in this haven of tranquility. The day may bring challenges, uncertainties, and dangers, but right now, there's a shared understanding that we can find strength in each other.

As we lie there, cocooned in the warmth of each other's presence, the morning sunlight continues to fill the room with its soft glow. The world outside may be in motion, but here, time seems to stand still—a temporary reprieve from the storms we face.

With a sigh of contentment, I close my eyes, allowing myself to be enveloped in the quietude of the moment. The gentle rhythm of our breathing, the subtle movements that echo a shared intimacy, create a sanctuary that shields us from the looming uncertainties.

The room remains steeped in a comfortable silence, interrupted only by the distant sounds of morning life. Christian's fingers continue their gentle dance on my back, a soothing rhythm that anchors me in the present.

After a while, he speaks again, his voice a soft timbre in the quiet room. "Victoria," he says, his tone a mixture of curiosity and vulnerability, "we can't stay here forever. Eventually, we'll have to face what's waiting for us outside."

I shift slightly, meeting his gaze with a mixture of reluctance and understanding. "I know," I admit, the weight of reality pressing against the cocoon we've created. "But for now, can we just stay like this? Just a little longer," I add, my eyes searching his for understanding.

Christian smiles, a tender expression that holds a myriad of unspoken promises. "As long as you need," he replies, his fingers tracing comforting circles on my back.

As Christian and I linger in our quiet moment, the subtle serenity is abruptly shattered by a knock on the door. I glance at Christian, our shared sanctuary now invaded by the outside world. Reluctantly, he releases me from his comforting embrace as I sit up, readjusting my disheveled hair.

The door swings open, revealing Rico, our energetic and ever-reliable friend, holding a bag of breakfast takeout and a tray of steaming coffee cups. His wide grin falters for a moment as he takes in the scene before him, and he raises an amused eyebrow.

"Am I interrupting something?" Rico teases, a mischievous glint in his eyes. I shoot him a half-hearted glare, aware of the blush creeping up my cheeks.

Christian chuckles, a hint of embarrassment in his voice. "Not at all, Rico. What brings you here so early?"

Rico waltzes in, placing the breakfast on a nearby table. "Well, my friends," he says with a dramatic flourish, "I figured you can't hide away forever. Breakfast is served!" He presents the bag of takeout with a flourish.

I can't help but smile at Rico's infectious enthusiasm, the interruption turning out to be oddly welcome. As we all settle around the makeshift breakfast table, I catch Christian giving me an apologetic look.

Rico, ever perceptive, seems to pick up on the unspoken tension. "Alright, lovebirds," he says with a wink, "I'll leave you to your moment after breakfast. But Christian, the boss needs you outside. Urgent business."

Christian sighs, his demeanor shifting from the intimate cocoon to the reality awaiting us. "I'll be right there," he assures Rico, who nods and makes a swift exit, leaving us alone again.

With a shared glance, Christian and I resume our positions, this time joined by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the comforting presence of breakfast. The outside world may beckon, but for now, we savor this stolen moment of tranquility in each other's company. As I reach for a cup of coffee, I can't help but be grateful for the interruption – a gentle reminder that, no matter how tempting it is to linger in our cocoon, life outside is calling, and we must face it together.

Sometime later as I take a hesitant step into the corridor, the hushed voices of Christian and Rico reach my ears. The weight of their conversation is palpable, and I can't help but feel a twinge of apprehension. Hidden in the shadows, I strain to listen.

"You can't keep her in the dark forever, Christian. You're risking too much," Rico's voice carries a sense of urgency.

Christian responds, his tone a low murmur that's harder to decipher. "I can't involve her in this. It's too dangerous."

Rico pushes back, "But what if she gets hurt because she doesn't know the full story? What if she's already in danger because of her connection to you?"

Their exchange is abruptly halted as I step into view, my expression demanding answers. "What are you talking about? What does Christian need to tell me?"

Christian's eyes meet mine, a mixture of conflict and concern swimming in their depths. Rico, caught off guard, glances between us before sighing deeply.

"Christian here has a knack for keeping secrets, especially the kind that could put people in danger. Maybe it's time he trusts you enough to share the truth."

I turn my gaze back to Christian, my eyes narrowing with a mix of frustration and curiosity. "What are you hiding, Christian?"

He hesitates, the internal struggle evident on his face. Finally, he sighs and motions for us to sit in the living room, a heaviness settling in the air. Whatever he's about to reveal, I can sense that it will reshape everything I thought I knew about him.

...

dum dum, now she will finally know :')