FIFTY-SEVEN

"All of the downs and the uppers, keep making love to each other and I'm trying, trying, trying, but I, can't keep my hand to myself."

"I mean I could but why would I want to?"

— Selena Gomez

...

...

I published 4 chapters before this. (53 to 56)

Last chapter guysss.

⚠️ Mature scene ahead

...

"It's okay, honey. You are no longer associated to them. You're your own person. Your parents are watching over you from heaven. Those two but nut cases mean nothing," Karla holds my hand while stay tucked into Lorenzo's side.

The door opens and Uncle Sam walks in along with Aunt Jane.

"Oh Victoria dear, what happened?" He kneels in front of me.

"My- my biological parents are here. They-" I cut myself off and start crying again.

"What are they doing here?" He asks startled.

"He has a small share in one of our latest projects. I had to invite him," Lorenzo mutters pulling me back into him.

"Uncle Sam, you've known me since the day my parents brought me home. You know I'd be nothing without them. Now why are they here? They are not my parents," I shake my head, crying.

"Yes, honey. They just gave birth to you. You are Harmony's and David's daughter. Not of those low lives'," he rubs my hand.

The door opens again and it's Christian. I immediately jump off of where I'm sitting and into Christian's arms.

"I'm sorry you have to through this on our wedding day," he murmurs in my ear. "Say the word now and you'll never have to see them again."

"I just want to know why they did, what they did," I whisper back. "They owe me that much."

"Whatever my wife says," he kisses my cheek.

"Everything happens for a reason Victoria. You'll get through this," Aunt Jane gives me an encouraging look.

"Thank you," I murmur.

They door opens, yet again and this time it's Rico and behind him... it's them.

"My beautiful daughter. My Victoria," my biological mother comes to hug me but is pulled back by Lorenzo.

"Stay away from her," Lorenzo warns her with a glare.