Mineta Can Die For All I Care

Swimming was fun, except for the fact that I didn't swim

Swimming was fun, except for the fact that I didn't swim. I rather ✨socialized✨ in that time. But now, we had to change and leave for home. Me, being the insecure idiot I am, changed faster than the other girls and chatted with them in the remaining time. I had come to realize that this was the time that most of us bonded.

I sighed and leaned back, resting my head against the wall. I was tuning out everything the others were saying. They weren't speaking to me anyways. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath, sensing the changing room the best I could. But when I opened them...

I wasn't there anymore.

The shadow room. "Oh, dear!" A voice from behind me exclaimed. But he wasn't The Shadow. Rather, he was covered with white fog. "Look at you! You look so scared, sweetheart... But don't worry! I'm not like my brother. He..." The man sighed. "He's much more violent." He slowly walked to me, gently holding my chin in his hands. "You'll keep this a secret, right?"

The grin. The awful grin that had left me scarred. His teeth were almost blending in with his body. But it didn't make it any less disgusting. But I couldn't move. This was the first time I was face to face with something that could be fatal for me.

The villain attack was nothing. I was friends with one of them, and I had my friends beside me. The encounter with The Shadow was hard, but not deadly. He wouldn't hurt me, even if I begged for it. After all, it was all a game for him.

But him. He reeked of power. Even if only his barely visible teeth were shown, you could feel the glimmer in his eyes when someone shivered under his touch. He giggled under his breath, pushing away and turning around. "I saw the boy. What was his name again? Ari-something, right? I'm very sorry. It's very rude of me to not remember. But please do tell."

He turned his head over to me, still as a rock. A few moments passed, as I was too afraid to speak. "Well...? Are you not gonna answer? Now, that's a little rude don't you think? Why don't we punish for it, hm?" He took slow steps, savoring the anguish on my face.

"H-His name i-is Aruto. S-Sairoji Aruto." He stopped, probably satisfied with my answer.

"Now! That wasn't so hard, was it?" Giggling at himself, he spread out his arms. The shadow around him formed into a makeshift suit and cane. He twirled around, showing off his new clothes. "Do you like it? I'd like to say this is the best I've done so far!" He curtsied and grinned. I flinched at it, preferring to glance away instead of voicing it.

"I am known as The Silhouette. Well, going to be known. I'm going to debut soon! Isn't that amazing? I can't wait!" He pointed the cane towards me. "You mustn't miss it!" With a final giggle, he let his clothes disappear. "He checked his fake clock, faking surprise. "My, my! It seems that I have kept for too long! Please convey my condolences to your mother/father. And my apologies to your friends!"

 And my apologies to your friends!"

With a gasp, I opened my eyes. I groaned, pushing myself away from the wall. I heard faint muttering from the other side of the wall. I observed the girls, who seemed obviously uncomfortable. My ears were ringing for some reason, so I wasn't able to make what was being said. But I remembered the scene like yesterday.

"...amazing thighs! (Y/n)'s beautiful body that makes me-" Kyoka's ear jack pushed through the hole. A scream of pain was heard from the other side, confirming that her attack had dealt a critical damage on him.

"Why didn't he say anything about me?" She muttered sadly. She gloomily sat down next to me, resting her head on my shoulder. I patted her head affectionately. I didn't know what else to do and I wasn't able to muster any words of love. "Hm?" She pointed at my neck, confused. "When did you get a new necklace?"

Necklace?

Looking down, I found a beautiful silver necklace around my neck. It hung perfectly around my throat, shining proudly against my (s/c) skin. A small bird charm was attached to the metal and it hung right above my collarbone. Mina gasped at it, and started gushing about how pretty it looked.

"How could you go shopping and not invite us?! Seriously! Where did you buy it from? At least tell me that." She huffed. Pointing at it, her expression changed to that of fear. "Don't tell me it's super expensive!"

"It does look like it." Momo nodded, observing it closely. "It really matches your hero name. A bird. You must have put a lot of thought into it. Or did you custom make it?"

"I can't relate... I'd be lucky if someone gifted something like that to me." Ochaco sighed. "I'll just have to work hard and earn a lot of money. Then I'll be able to buy stuff like that."

"Did someone gift it to you, kero?" Tsu asked. "If someone did, then they really thought about what you'd like, kero. Must be someone really close to you, kero."

The necklace lifted up. I guessed it was Hagakure, considering she was right beside me. "It so pretty! It's shiny and cute. So pretty..."

"So...?" Kyoka questioned. "Where'd you buy it from?"

"It's... It's a gift." I softly whispered. "I... I like very much." I played around with the charm using my finger. "I don't know from where it's bought. I'll ask when I can." I smiled at them, their eyes - for some reason - wide. "Well, let's get going then!" I stood up and picked up my bag. They followed suit and we exited the building.

I felt eyes on me as soon as I stepped out into the open. It may have been villains or something else, but I felt safe. I had a new ally on my side. Of course, I wasn't sure but I took the necklace as a peace offering. I felt newfound confidence and strength that I had lost with Dabi's trust. I held my head high, even though the stare burned into me. I knew that the silhouette would be with me no matter what.