Wait, This Wasn't What Happened

Everything went wrong faster than it was supposed to

Everything went wrong faster than it was supposed to. Me and Umo went into the forest soon after Tsu and Ochaco. I had thought that we would get some time before they attacked, but i was wrong. And worse was the fact that they were stronger.

The smell of burning wood was strong, and the heat burned my eyes. But i couldn't lay around doing nothing. Umo needed protection. not only him, but everyone else as well. More so, since I was the one who caused this in the first place. I didn't have my mask but I figured that I didn't need them.

"Umo, stay close to me." I grabbed his hand, pulling him close to me. "Let's go and try to find the others. As long as we're together, no one will be able to hurt us." No one will be able to hurt you. "Come on. I dont want to stay still. Let's find them before they do. It's the next best thing to do. So that they don't get hurt." So they don't find out that I betrayed them.

Umo gave me an affirmative nod, pulling himself together and trying to push the panic down. We both tried to call out to them. Or try and hear anyone say anything. Hope was something we had a hard time keeping. After all, no fifteen year old is supposed to go through something like this.

The hair behind my neck stood up, sensing impending danger. Umo pulled on my hand, protective over the only person who was accompanying him.

I picked up a stick from the ground, Umo doing the same with a rock. We didn't have anything else to protect ourselves with. The leaves rustled behind us, making us alert of another presence. "Little kids. Don't know why boss sent us to get you idiots." The 'weapons' from our hand pulled out of our hand.

No. I observed his features, the memories of watching him flowing back. It can't be! I recoiled, unknowingly taking a step back. The Shie Hassaikai were never supposed to get involved!

Young (y/n) sat in front of the T.V., swaying to the beat of the theme song. She simply adored the anime she was watching, wishing she could stay there instead. Her heart beat ever so slightly faster every time she saw them fight, and tears would pour out when a sentimental monologue would start.

She sympathized with every characters, hoping that each and every one of them would get a happy ending. Though she never reached the manga, she still wanted them to be okay. Wishing that somehow magically, Nighteye would come back in the end, or Nana would live and take back her grandchild.

The one thing that hurt her the most, the incident that had the most impact, was the Shie Hassaikai arc. The handsome leader, with a clear goal in mind, with his crew, each saved from bad backgrounds. And in the end, their mission - which they thought would save people - ended with them arrested, and the boss losing his arms. Sure, they were hypocritical and the boss did hurt the child, but that was something the number two hero did as well.

All of them, a dysfunctional family of patched up people, made her feel as if she had a place to belong to. She could relate to them, understand what they felt and connect to them. She was broken, like them. She had hoped that someone would save her like the handsome boss. But alas, no one came. No one seemed to care.

No one did.

I ran as fast as I could, Umo following behind me. I couldn't lose another person I cared about. From the corner of my eye, I saw a yellow coat hop around the trees, but now wasn't the time, I thought. Right then, I had to make sure that the others were safe. I had to make sure the students weren't hurt and didn't hurt the villains.

Run faster! Faster! If anyone gets hurt it'll be your fault. My breathing was raggedy and I felt like my legs would fall off. I stopped for a moment, resting my legs for a second, panting more than I had ever. I heard Umo's voice behind me, trying to tell me not go off alone, but I could see them. I could see a green tuft of hair, running away from me. I lifted my legs, opening my mouth to yell out his name, but no one heard me. Everything around me turned blue, and I realized what was happening. I was inside Mr. Compress' blue orbs.

« What am I, but a bird without wings

« What am I, but a bird without wings. »

"Alright. What crap do I have to deal with today?" The police officer sighed, rubbing his temples in annoyance. He mentally questioned why he chose this job. He was used to dealing with unnecessary claims and hit and runs, but this was just annoying him.

He had to stay late and work overtime because of this case, which seemed the most boring case to him. It was a classic husband and wife scenario. From what he saw, the husband seemed to get aggressive, hitting the woman. The wife, in panic, took the gun from the cupboard and shot her husband. Out of guilt she shot herself to death. That's what the proof showed anyways.

But that wasn't the reason why he was doing paperwork. The couple had oh-so-greatly left behind a child. A little girl. She seemed sweet and shy, but that wouldn't change the trouble he had to go through. She was just two years old, rather young to witness a murder and suicide. Alas, the young soul would not be seeing her parents again. She insisted about going home, but that place would never be home anymore.

And soon, she was shipped off to another home. Years later, se fondly remembered all the different foster homes she had been to and all the different children she met. But she got adopted, at the ripe age of thirteen. A new family, school and life. It seemed that the statement would turn out to be more literal than she thought.