A Letter From A Beloved

The day before the training camp was hectic

The day before the training camp was hectic. The other were excited to no bounds while I was having a mental breakdown. They chatted, very much excited. But alas my gloominess only grew. Everyone was so excited and talkative, that my gloomy state completely went under the radar.

"Let me guess. You're super gloomy about some guy accusing you of betrayal, right?" Umo planted his butt on my desk. "Sorry. Guess some people aren't bae, just fam."

"How the fu...? Do you stalk me or something???"

"Some people on Roblox are like that man. I have PTSD from when someone told me it was racist to say that I can speed run better than him. Like he legit sucked. I wasn't giving my opinion, it was just a fact. And what's worse is that we were both the same race! Like how does that work out??"

"Wait, you tell each other what race you are on Roblox? I mean, don't you know internet safety or something?" I sent him a judgmental look. He started shaking his arms around, trying to validate himself with shaky words.

"Okay, I have like one really important question for you. Like legit important." His expression changed so fast it almost freaked me out. He had never looked at me like that. Maybe it was because we never had to talk that much before since he primarily hanged out with the forgotten ones.

"Do you..." He sighed. "Have you ever felt like, um, like people don't give you enough attention or take you for granted? I mean I've seen you help a lot of people, like in class, and I don't think that you get enough attention for it. Heroics from your career is okay to overlook. Like it's your job. But what about your friends?"

"Umo..." I took his hand into mine. "Do you feel ignored? Are they not appreciating you enough?"

"No, no! I'm probably acting greedy... But I don't really have friends. I hang around them and act as if everything's chill, but I really don't think so." He scratched his cheek with his other hand. "My dad usually works late into the night and my mom and he are divorced. No one really pays a lot of attention to me and I always hoped that I'd find someone to hang out with here.

"I tried my hardest to get in, to start anew, but I never found anyone like that. So... C-Could you help me love myself?" It broke my heart to see him like this. He always acted like everything was okay. I didn't want anyone in the arcs to feel alone but I ignored the person who I should have learned more about. The one I knew nothing of was the one that needed me the most.

"Umo, don't worry. I promise that you will never be alone from now on. Why don't you sit with us at lunch, hm? We can start with that. And I'll invite you along when we're going out okay? I'm always here for everyone. And last time I checked, you were in the list too." I smiled lightly at him, making sure to say the words from my heart. "I'll always be there."

I rubbed my thumb over his hand as he smiled back. It was soft moment that I didn't want to ruin. He had a small blush on his face, probably not being this close to a girl before.

"T-Thank you, (y/n). Why haven't I met you before..." He lifted his hand, taking it out of my hands and slowly petting my head. "Don't be so nice, okay? I might end up falling for you."

"Bold of you to assume I feel emotions." He laughed at it, his beautiful voice that almost sounded like an echo. If you think about it, his beauty could easily rival Shoto's if he tried. But of course Shoto is best boy, and he is just an oc. He would never be a love interest, right?

Right?

Returning home, I threw my bag onto my bed and jumped on it myself. The next day we would leave for the training camp, and I was hating my guts. How could I do that?! And for that burnt chicken nugget?? Who gives a shit about what he thinks?!

...me apparently.

I lifted myself off the bed, starting my nerdy ritual of reviewing my notes. Even though I was said to be one of the smartest in class, I didn't necessarily like it. It was hard to keep the grades steady and the only reason i continued to do it was because of (self loathing) having a great future.

I pulled my books and notebooks out, sitting down at my desk. Something caught my eyes. A letter was placed on my desk right where I was about to put my books. Lifting the envelope with my quirk, I placed my books on the table and opened the letter.

Dearest (y/n),

How do you do? I am overjoyed with your affection to my gift. I can only hope you will have the same affinity to me in the near future. I love the way you showed it off to your friends and the fact that it brought you confidence has made my heart flutter so. It may strike you as weird that I have noticed all of this when I was nowhere in your line of sight. I promise that I'm not stalker. I just desired to see your beautiful face light up with joy.

Alas, I heard that you will leave soon. I couldn't control my impulse to write to you regarding something. You see, I have found my plans and what I presume to be yours, colliding in certain areas. It filled me with euphoria when I saw that we would meet there, and I hope you feel the same. I will protect you if I must and if brother allows it, I will see that your send home safely as well.

I simply cannot wait to meet you. You see, if you would allow it, I would like to take you somewhere with me. I would be ecstatic if you were able to send a letter back. Place it on your balcony with my name and I'll collect it when your asleep. I hope you know that I will protect you forevermore.

Lots of love and kisses ❤︎,

Why did that make my heart flutter?!