How Does This Even Work

The next day was fairly uneventful

The next day was fairly uneventful. At least the morning. We woke up, ate food and immediately started training. Everyone was trying to better themselves at their quirks in harsh conditions.

My job was to try and pass my limit, which had grown immensely since the entrance exam. Me, being extra, decided to try and make the water I could control, be more sharp and be able to cut things. This was a huge leap from my usual tactic, which is; float, crush or throw. Using the things I control as weapons had occurred to me, yet I never wanted to try it. The biggest reason being.... laziness. I have no excuses, I was just lazy.

"Don't slack off, idiot." Aizawa spoke, breaking me from my internal monologue. "And do the thing you want to try. Your imagination won't become reality unless you at least try. Besides, your qualified to do it." A quick pat on the head, and he was gone as soon as he came.

I sighed, pushing my hair back and lifting my hands, ready to use my quirk. At first it was slow and steady, controlling and contorting the liquid to my desire. This was done to understand the material, to make it become a part of me. I tried to make into a sharp spear, holding it right above my hand. I made quick movements, trying to move it swiftly and sternly, like a real sword.

This was just a start. I tried moving it faster and make it more compact. I tried hitting things quickly, just to see how much harder I'd have to make the water become.

It was a fail. A complete failure. I started to feel disheartened, unsure if I would even be able to make a good attempt at it. Tears pricked my eyes, failure gnawing at me. The same feeling encompassed me, the one that made me feel worthless, the one that tightened my throat. I sighed, trying to push the feeling away. But it wasn't working, nothing was working. Everything was destroyed. If only I could have been stronger, if only I was able to do more. Why aren't I powerful like all the others? Monoma was more powerful, more ready to face problems. Kendo had leadership qualities. Why was I here? They were much better. Better at everything.

"You know? Being depressed about it won't help." Umo. He always knew when to break me off from my thoughts. "You helped me through my episode, so it's only fair I help you, right?" He smiled, his cheeks tinted with pink as usual.

"Accept who you are and where your life will lead. The past won't change for anyone. All you can do," he sighed, his voice like sweet honey, "is walk through these stages of life and hold on to the people who are willing to keep you close." He turned his head to me, his light red eyes glistening in the sun. "I'll always be there for you. Even if others leave you, I'll be here. And I'll wait for you as long as it takes."

I smiled back at him, poking his cheek to unravel any uncomfortable vibes we might be giving out. "Hey, you know how to control metal, right?" He nodded, confused. "Can you tell me more about your quirk? How do you make the metal harder? Is there a speacial technique?"

"Well... It's more like bending water for me. It's like twisting and turning something. But metal is inherently hard, so I don't have to do anything huge to change make it more dangerous. But if it's literal water, then why not speed? I mean they do use water to cut metal sometimes. It's just really fast."

A light bulb lit in my head. Speed! I just needed to research how fast I needed to make it. I quickly jumped up, startling the poor boy. "Can't explain. Gotta go!" I full speed sprinted to Aizawa, who was a fair distance away. "Sensei, sensei! Can I loan your phone?"

"Why do you want it?" He reeked of suspicion and glared as if the wrong answer would make me end up in jail.

"Reasons! Just give it to me, please!" I moved around on the balls of my feet. After he handed me the phone, I quickly searched up how fast it would have to be. "..."

"...(y/n), kid, you alright?" With a blank look, I handed the phone back to Aizawa. "Tell me what's up kid."

"...ch 3"

"What?"

"I have to go as fast as MACH 3!!!"

"It's just that, huh?" He sighed, rubbing his temples. "I thought it was your turn to be depressed." A little snort escaped, but luckily everyone was preoccupied. "Why don't you try something else then, hm? Try that and then go and try something like this later on."

I pondered a little about his idea suggestion, and thought it would work. Giving a quick nod, I returned back to the area I was supposed to be at. I wracked around my brain, trying to find anything I could use. My mind wandered to Katara for a moment. Blood bending.

In one episode, Katara learned how to manipulate the water inside a person's body. I decided that I would try this, but not the blood but the flesh. And for that, I needed a test subject.

"Izu! D'you mind helping me a little?" He shifted his gaze to me, confused. "I need to try something with my quirk. It's something I'm working on and I need a person for it. I promise it won't hurt you." He hesitantly nodded and stood straight up. I lifted one of his arms and then the other. Then I slowly lifted him above ground.

"(Y/n) this is amazing!" I twisted his arm behind his back, twisting and forcing him onto the ground. "Ow! Ow! Ow! (Y/n), please! Stop!" I released him and he stood up from the ground, fairly dirty. "That hurt but you can do so much with that. I need to write this down!"

I let him write down in peace as I started practicing the new trick on some wildlife I somehow found. And soon, the day was finished. In the late evening, everyone settled around Aizawa who explained that we would be playing a game. The classic game of scare and be scared.

It started off okay. Everyone was just playing along. Me and Umo were in a pair together in the scare game, and the idiotic group were sent off to the weird building in the middle of the forest. Umo and I were supposed to go together first, and the other class would scare us.

That's when they attacked.