Introspection

How

How... did I get here? I sighed running my hand through my hair. I have to say. Some shit went down. Thinking back to what had happened, I scoffed at how much of an idiot I was.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Walking to the arena seemed harder than I remembered. I want to win. But I have to let it go. I could see Izu in front of me. My small boy has grown so much!

"Are you two ready?" We both nodded to Midnight. "Then... START!"

"..."

"Well this is awkward." I muttered. Both of us were just waiting there for someone to make a move. "Umm... Uh, you can go first, I guess. Like, y'know, shoot me like you hate me, but you love me. Y'know?"

"U-Um, okay!" He positioned himself and... stopped. He ran at me instead and grabbed me by the neck. He turned me towards the place he was standing before and made me kneel down. He started his quirk near my head. He aimed it next to my ear and used it. The power was immense, and I honestly almost pissed my pants. But what made the difference was that he then threw me away.

"(N/n)! Don't underestimate yourself!" Huh? "You need to understand that you have been an inspiration to me since the start! You and Kacchan have been what I was training to be!" Huh?! "I would be glad to be beaten by you!" HUH?! "All that training for this?! You can be true to yourself! It's not a sin to wish big or for yourself!"

"(Y/n)... It's all right to be yourself. Sometimes it's okay to be greedy. Sometimes it's okay to think about yourself before others. It's okay to think that you want to win. Don't worry. There's always going to be someone to help you grow. Even though at moments it has to be yourself."

"Hey (y/n). Y'know how I always train you, almost to death at times? It's because I know you can be strong. So I was thinking, that perhaps, you'd stop saying bad about yourself. I know, for a fact, that you're an amazing quirk user for someone who just got it. You are amazing and you should care about yourself as much as I, and everyone else, care about you. Now time for drills!"

"You're right." A crack had formed where he had aimed, and I was standing right behind it. Imagining a hand, I lifted the big chunk of the ground, creating a floating paradise. Lifting off some small rocks, I made some little islands around me.

"COME AT ME WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT!"

"I'M SURE AS HELL GOING TO, IZU!"

"GO BEYOND!" I spun around, while he got into position. "PLUS ULTRA!" When I finished spinning, I directed all the rocks to him. His power and my rocks collided, making a huge explosion. Stones and debris went everywhere.