30: Ferret (Derogatory)

By the way, Bellatrix wasn't originally going to escape this early, so if you guessed she would..........

(Gif credit: me)

Anyway! Another chapter!

Summary: Who knew ferrets could jump so high?; S.P.E.W. is a thing

Life went on as normal back at the cottage, or as normal as life could be now with the Death Eaters' attack and Harry's vision/dream in mind.

Hermione sent a letter to him practically the next day. She was absolutely furious with the way Mr. Crouch must've treated Winky, as a creature incapable of emotions. It was probably how most house-elves lived, brainwashed to be in constant fear they would be given clothes that would render them masterless.

Harry didn't know how to respond. He didn't disagree that house-elves didn't have a good life, but he didn't know what he could do to help. Dobby loved his freedom, but he may be an exception.

It was the last day before term when Remus came in with Harry's supplies. "They had dress robes on your school list," he said, handing him a parcel.

Harry opened it to see what looked more or less like his regular school robes except it was made of a richer material and was vivid emerald green in color. "Wow, these are nice."

"Good. Because I saw some that looked like they came from someone's curtains. I think you would've liked that as well."

Harry threw Azure at his face.

Ron was less than pleased with his dress robes. "Look at it!" he said, showing one of the sleeves. The cuff looked moldy and frilly.

"Maybe we can ask Tracey and Daphne to fix it up for you," Harry suggested.

"Maybe." Ron stuffed the sleeve back into the cage.

Rain began to fall as the train arrived at Hogsmeade station. Shivering, everyone headed inside, eager to get out of the downpour. But just as they began to relax, a large red balloon dropped from out the ceiling and landed squarely on Ron's head. It was Peeves, of course, and he was about to throw another balloon down.

Harry took out his wand. "Waddawasi!" he whispered, and the balloon pieces zoomed right back up and into Peeves' face.

Spluttering and cursing, the poltergeist sped off, leaving the soaked students behind.

"Know any spells to dry us off?" Ron asked Hermione.

"As a matter of fact, I do." She gave a complicated wave of her wand. Hot air streamed out into the air, lifting the chill from Harry's bones. His robes were also feeling less heavy.

"Ah, much better," said Ron as they entered the Great Hall. "You're a lifesaver, you know that?"

The first years came trudging in moments later, looking as though they had swum across the lake rather than taken the boats.