53: What the Eye Does See

Part of me was like, "Didn't you just post this?" Then I remembered Me and You.

Summary: Jayson and Logan are terrible at sleeping together*; Potions class with Slughorn

*actually sleeping together, of course, not the other definition

How many people took the Hogwarts Express? Harry wondered. It seemed as though there were three times as many, especially since most of them were trying to get a better look at him.

"Talk to you tonight?" Sirius said.

"Sure thing," Harry replied. Sirius had managed to fix the broken mirror so it was as good as new.

He started walking along the train looking for a compartment. He could see Jayson and Logan sitting together and went to join them.

"— not true!" Jayson was saying when Harry opened the door. He looked up, his face brightening. "Harry! Please tell my boyfriend I do not hog the bed."

"And how would I know? I don't study my friends' sleeping habits."

"Well, here's something I learned," said Logan. "Jay is very intent on getting his hair in my mouth." He grabbed a strand of his own blond hair. "I'm the one with the longer hair, yet I have no problem keeping it out of his mouth."

"It tastes good, though, right?"

"Just because I said liked that shampoo you used —"

"Oh, the lavender one?" Harry piped up. "Yeah, I borrowed it once. My hair had never smelled so good." He nodded in contentment, a peaceful smile on his face. Yes, that day had been glorious.

Logan continued as if he had not spoken. "— doesn't mean it tastes good."

"At least you didn't wake up with a fist on your face," Jayson retorted. He caught Harry's baffled look. "He was stretching."

"So I take it you are both shitty cuddlers?" Harry concluded.

It was quiet for a moment while the couple figured out how to respond.

"Maybe," Jayson conceded after a moment. "But it was the best sleep I had in months, so I'm not complaining. Other than the complaints I just made." He stretched out, leaning against Logan's shoulder, argument forgotten.

Harry looked between them, bewildered, then gave his head a minute shake.

The compartment door slid open. Ron and Sid plopped into the empty seats.

"Made it!" said Sid, wiping his forehead like he had just finished a marathon.

"What took you two so long?" Harry asked. "You missed the shitty cuddler debate."

"What kind of name is —?" Ron began, then shook his head. "Never mind. Everyone was asking us about the whole Ministry thing."

Harry winced a little. He should've guessed that. "What did you say?"

"Nothing." Sid shrugged. "It's none of their business." And he was not about to go into being put under the most agonizing curse to a bunch of strangers who were nearly as bad as reporters.

A commotion sounded outside the door. A group of fourth-year girls were giggling among themselves.

"You ask him!"

"No, you!"

"I'll do it!"

The boldest one pushed her way forward. "Hi, Harry, I'm Romilda, Romilda Vane," she said confidently, brushing her long black hair aside. "Why don't you join us in our compartment?"