56: Destination, Determination, and Dry Dildos

Took longer than I'd thought for it to happen, but I seem to have hit a possible roadblock in the fic. So if the updates start to slow down, don't be surprised.

Summary: Horcruxes, Apparition lessons, the first of March

APPARITION LESSONS

If you are seventeen years of age, or will turn seventeen on or before 31st August, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparition Lessons from a Ministry of Magic Apparition Instructor.

Please sign below if you would like to participate.

Cost: 12 Galleons.

"Apparition. Should be fun," Ron commented.

"It's like riding a bike," said Jayson. "At least, that's what Logan told me. Not really helpful if you don't know how to ride a bike, though, is it?"

"Well, it's something to focus on other than schoolwork," Tracey noted. "Lupin's Apparated you before, hasn't he?" she asked Harry.

Her innocent question had sixth years from all houses asking Harry what it was like all day. He only managed to escape by going up for his third lesson with Dumbledore.

Ever since the vision of Katie being cursed, Ron had not yet had another major one, nor had he heard any voices. so he was startled to hear a boy's right behind him.

"... Horcruxes..."

Ron blinked and looked around. The only people nearby were Hermione and Jayson, who were comparing notes, and a cluster of first years.

Then Slughorn's voice spoke. The words were muffled, though Ron could sense deep fear and anger and perhaps a hint of... shame?

An image of a small, dark shape flashed in Ron's mind. "Riddle's diary," he murmured.

"Sorry?" Hermione had raised her head.

Ron shook his head to clear it. "Know where Ginny is?"

"Probably still in the library with Paisley."

"Okay, thanks." Ron jumped up and headed for the door.

Behind him, Jayson slowly turned to Hermione. "Am I allowed to ask what's going on?"

"Not here," Hermione murmured. The first years were way too close to have this conversation safely.

Ron entered the library and searched between the shelves. He spotted Ginny with Paisley, Kyra, and Luna all gathered around at a table. "Hey, Ginny, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Um..." His sister gave him a surprised look. "Sure." She followed Ron into another section.

"Muffliato!" Ron muttered.

"Where'd you learn that?"

"From the Half-Blood Prince."

"Hm." Ginny hadn't been pleased to hear he was taking orders from a book, but she trusted Ron's judgement. "Still haven't figured out who it is?"

"No. But that's not what I'm here for. I just had a — not a vision, but I heard voices — and they mentioned something called a Horcrux."

Ginny's expression went blank.

"You've heard the term?"

"No. But now that you've said it, I almost feel like I've known it all my life." She looked into Ron's eyes intensely. "This has to do with You-Know-Who, doesn't it?"