59: There's a Cliffhanger at the End

Me: *opens and closes chapter like it's a fridge*

Also me: Why won't my fic update?

Summary: Harry is in the hospital wing; Harry's a weirdo who is friends with other weirdos

"I am going to kill that bastard."

Harry sighed. "No, you will not."

"He can't get away with this!" Ron protested.

"And he won't. Snape said he'd be punished."

"Good." Ron sat back down, though his eyes still blazed.

On the other side of the hospital wing, Dumbledore, Snape, Remus, and Sirius stood in a tense group whispering heatedly among one another. Harry strained to hear what they were saying, but they were too far away.

Moaning Myrtle had wasted no time in spreading a dramatic tale of Malfoy lashing out in anger and taking Harry down in a single curse. While most people were furious on Harry's behalf, a few, like Parkinson and Nott, sided with Malfoy.

"Since when has Potter ever been chummy with Draco?" Parkinson pointed out. "I think he deliberately went out to humiliate him."

Of course, no one really believed that, and Harry would reckon Parkinson knew the truth deep down herself.

The adults seemed to finish their conversation. Remus shot Snape a look of dislike before coming over to Harry. "Are you okay, Harry?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah. The potion Snape gave me helped."

"The Cruciatus Curse. I still can't believe Malfoy would use it." Remus shook his head in agitation.

"He was... upset." Harry felt that word wasn't quite enough to capture the true array of emotions Malfoy had been going through.

"Upset," Sirius repeated. "People don't use the Cruciatus when they're upset."

"So how is Malfoy being punished?" Ron asked Dumbledore.

"He has been expelled."

"Good."

"Harry." Dumbledore stepped forward. Remus moved back slightly to give him room. "Did Draco say anything as to why he was in there?"

Harry shook his head. "Not really. Only that he couldn't do it and that he'd kill him."

"I see." Dumbledore drew back and flicked a minute glance toward Snape. "Come along, Severus. Harry needs his rest."

The two of them exited the hospital wing silently.

"So..." Harry began, "how are you?"

Remus laughed lightly. "I'm fine. The werewolves kicked me out, though. Guess I wasn't convincing enough."

"You're safe, at least."

Sirius sighed. "And back to reprimanding me about my sleeping habits."

Remus gave him an unamused look. "Because you sprawl over the bed like a giant spider."

"Moony, I'm a growing boy. I gotta stretch my legs."

"Sirius, you're the tallest among us," Harry said. "You can't get much taller without being considered a giant."

"Hey!" Sirius wagged a finger at him. "Watch your tone with me, young man."

"Sorry, Dadfoot."

Ron had been watching them with a bewildered expression. "And I thought my family was weird."

"They are," said Jayson. "But I think Harry's is weirder."