73: Epilogue

Happy one-year anniversary to this fic! And here's the last chapter. Enjoy!

Summary: Miette; a new generation begins; the author's ability to end stories is as consistent as always

The plate shattered on the floor. "Fuck me," said Remus, flicking his wand to fix it and bending down to pick it up.

Sirius raised an eyebrow. "Moony, I know I said you look hot and all, but you know that's not my thing."

"Shut up, Padfoot," Remus muttered, kicking him lightly. He immediately regretted it when Sirius fell over with a dramatic groan.

"You kicked the amazing Sirius? You kick him like the Quaffle? Azkaban for you, Lupin! Azkaban for one thousand years!"

He rolled over onto his back and threw an arm to his forehead. "And here I thought we had this amazing thing going on, Remus. Doesn't our friendship mean anything to you?"

Remus clapped a hand to his face.

"What's going on?" Seven-year-old Teddy poked his head around. "Did Uncle Sirius find another gray hair?"

"Another?" Sirius shifted his arm so he could glare at him. "What do you mean another?"

Teddy looked at Remus, who promptly stood and left to go find Tonks as Sirius wailed about betrayal and a million years in Azkaban.

Meanwhile, in a not-really-that-far off place called Diagon Alley, Harry licked at his ice cream.

"Rose is so adorable," he remarked.

Ron looked as though he were about to burst with pride. "Isn't she? I can't wait till she gets her letter."

"That's a whole decade away, mate."

"So? This is my child, Harry. Mine and Hermione's. I'm a proud father."

Harry chuckled. "That you are."

"Did you hear from Sid?" Ron asked after a few minutes.

"You mean how he wrote a three-foot essay gushing about helping a dragon give birth?" said Harry. "No, I hadn't heard from him."

"Blimey, that man is..." Ron trailed off, shaking his head. "It's no wonder the girls flock to him." He paused. "And the guys."

"Oh, don't remind me." Harry covered his face.

"Let me guess, they're still after you."

"Not as much as they used to, but every once in a while, someone who hasn't gotten a hint will come up to me. Can't a guy just stay single without having romance shoved down his throat?"

"Apparently not." Ron threw away his trash and stood up. "By the way, you and I have apparently had a fling back in our seventh year."

"Mhm." They started walking away.

"And you were devastated when I married Hermione."

"So devastated."

"Look at you." Ron gestured to Harry's face. "You're absolutely miserable that Rose isn't your child."

"Yep. I can't stop the tears from falling. How dare you?" Harry thought for a moment. "You are pretty hot, though."

Ron's foot caught on a pavement tile. "W-what?"

"I'm just saying, if I were to be into anyone, it would probably you. Maybe even Ginny if she weren't gay."

"In another universe, perhaps," said Ron.