Chapter 43 - Myself

Adrian Nielsen

"I never thought you'll join me, Adrian." Phoenix said and I looked at my cup of coffee.

"There's a lot of mix feelings still, I end it pretty badly." I turned to Phoenix and he shook his head.

"We'll join them again, it's just.. time." I raised my eyebrows hearing his statement.

"How are you so confident about it? You know Chance and Dean won't budge." I said looking at him disbelief.

"Things that I realized after leaving ILLICIT is that, rules might be everything when we're in ILLICIT and that's what's holding us back from getting our happiness. Am I right or am I wrong, Adrian?" I looked out the window and replay the things that he said.

"I'm happy, I do. I love Leah a lot but.. I felt bad for leaving."

"Everything will be okay, I'm watching them from a far too. Even though I left ILLICIT but I will never forget what ILLICIT did for me." I turned to him and he smiled.

"Lana helped me a lot too, we both knew what kind of position Dean in this situation. We both won't let it happen."

"You dragged your wife into this?" I asked him disbelief.

"Believe me or not, it was her idea to start this. She's concerned about Dean too even though she never get to know him in person. Don't look down on my wife, buddy, she's a badass and I didn't even know that until last minute." She said and I chuckled.

"You're such a whipped man."

"Have you look at yourself?" He hissed and I laughed nodding.

"Let's make another ILLICIT, Adrian. I need you and your skills.. along with Leah's. Then we wait until Dean comes back to us."

Leah Morris

I was working when Adrian entered the lab. I felt that something's bothering him and he hugged me immediately. He buried his head to my neck and I patted his back.

"Tell me." I said and he let out a long sigh. He pulled back and sat down on the chair beside me.

"I met Phoenix earlier." He said and I nodded so he could continue.

"It felt good.. talking to him again."

"Then why are you not happy?" I asked as I cupped his face.

"He.. invited you and me to join him."

"Join him what?" I raised my eyebrows and he turned to my work table.

"I'll just reject him." Adrian got up all of the sudden but I stopped him. I didn't even hear what Phoenix is offering.

"Tell me about Phoenix's idea." I stopped him and made him sit again.

"He wanted me and you to join him on making the new ILLICIT. Lana suggested the idea first and Phoenix agreed to it. Now, they wanted us to join but I think it's a littl-"

"Let's do it." I said and his eyes widen.

"Leah. You know th-"

"Trust me, it will be different this time."

"No! No.. I'll tell him no!" He got up from the seat again and pushed my hand away. He walked towards the door.

"Adrian Lewis Nielsen!" I stopped him and he turned to me.

"Did you just.. say my full name?" He looked at me disbelief.

"Come here, I'm not done with you yet." I gestured him to come to me. He shook his head and he walked out from the lab. I followed him and he was half running.

"Adrian!" I hissed as I ran towards him and a lot of employees were confused to see me calling their boss by his first name. He successfully ran away from me and wait till we get home.

"He's childish." I turned to see Aria taking off her lab coat and threw it to the bin full of dirty lab coats.

"Let's have lunch together, I'm starving." Aria said and I smiled.

"Sure, let's go." I said but she stopped me.

"Let's eat outside, I kinda want ramen." She said and I nodded. We went to the basement together and she decided to drive instead of calling the driver. I got into the passenger seat and put on the seatbelt.

"I'm glad to have you working with us, Leah. I don't know why did Adrian place you to ILLICIT in te first place when you'll be an excellent employee for Estelle." She said and I chuckled.

"I didn't expect it either, I applied for Estelle and ended up in ILLICIT." My phone vibrated and it's Adrian. I pressed the red button instead of taking his call.

We arrived at the ramen place and Aria parked right in front of it. We got out and walked into the restaurant. We ordered a lot of food because we're so hungry and pretty much stressed about work.

Even the waiter asked us if we're able to finish it all since we're eating food that can be eaten by 4 people.

"Look who's here." Aria said and I turned around to see Adrian. He smiled at me and plopped on the seat beside me.

"How dare you ignore me." He whispered in my ear and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"You're ruining our date." Aria hissed and Adrian turned to her.

"I don't care." He said as he raised his hand up to order. Our food came just after Adrian order his.

"How long have you two been starving?" He asked but we both ignored him. We started to eat and this place is really good. Suddenly Aria got a phone call and she excused herself to pick the call. She went outside and I turned to Adrian.

"How dare you ran away from me earlier?!" I hissed and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Because I like your reaction, you're cute." He smirked and I shook my head disbelief.

"Take the offer from Phoenix." I said and Adrian put his chopsticks down.

"Leah, I'm not putting you in danger anymore. You got hurt because of it and I-" I cupped his face and shook my head.

"This time will be different, take Phoenix's offer."

"No."

"Okay then, I'll tell Phoenix myself."