Chapter 38 - Later

Adrian Nielsen

After Leah left, I was on Dean's watch most of the time. I wasn't able to get out from the country even to Denmark. He made me work most of the time but pretty much not letting me interact with my employees.

I don't blame him for doing this to me, we know why he did this to Phoenix and now me.

When I'm alone, I realized that I like Leah more than I thought. I can't stop thinking about her, all I want to do now, is to be with her and make sure that she's okay.

Her condition right now was partly my fault too, I shouldn't have sent her back then. I should have sent someone else, I regretted a lot and I don't think I would able to forgive myself.

For 2 weeks, I was trying to find a way to escape from Dean's watch and to go Seattle where Leah is. I miss her and I want to see her. I'm not scared at Dean anymore at this point, I want to see her and I will take care of everything once I get there.

I asked my sister for help and she was willingly to help me by manipulating Chance a little bit and that man was easy to fool when it comes to Aria. I was able to get out from London to Copenhagen first.

I don't go to Seattle right away because I need a plan and I need a team. I contacted Phoenix and Lana for help and they're more willing to help. They flew from Paris straight to Seattle and we all arranged to meet up there but I got caught my Dean before I can even board my flight to Seattle.

He brought me back to London again and he reminded me of why he did this in the first place again. I understand Dean, we all do but sometimes.. he worried to much that the past might repeat it self again.

I don't want to leave ILLICIT but for the past 3 weeks, I realized that ILLICIT won't go anywhere. ILLICIT will always be there but I can't find another Leah in this world. I know leaving ILLICIT means not interacting with Dean, Chance and Angelo anymore but sometimes you've got to break the rules.

I want Dean to be happy, I want all of the ILLICIT members to be happy.

Especially Dean.

I walked towards Leah's house and she got out from the house looking around. When she saw me, she ran towards me and jumped into my arms. She hugged me tightly and she started to cry.

"I'm glad that you're okay! I thought Dean was going to take you away." She said and I chuckled. I saw her father and brother walking out from their house.

"I'm not going anywhere.. but you chose to leave me." I said and she looked at me completely with bailing her eyes out.

"I thought he will hurt my family."

"He won't, over my dead body. He will never." I said as I wiped her tears. She hugged me tight again and buried her face to my chest.

"It's okay, I'm here now." Her father and brother walked towards us and Leah wouldn't let me move or go to greet them.

"Leah." Her father called and she turned to him.

"We need to talk to him." Her brother said as he looked at me coldly. Her father pulled Leah away from me.

"My name is Adrian Nielsen, I'm Leah's boss back in London." I introduced myself and her brother threw a punch to me and Leah squealed. Suddenly the team that back me up came up and pointed their guns on them.

"What the.." Her brother said and Leah's father started to shield her.

"Lee, you just punched a Prince of Denmark." Leah said simply as I got up and his eyes widen. Not only Lee's but her father too.

"Sorry." Lee said and I gestured him that everything is fine. I turned to the team behind me and gestured them to back away.

"Let's talk inside." Her father said. We got inside and I officially introduced myself again. I explained to him the situation and of course not mentioning about ILLICIT and stuff. Leah was the one who told most of the stories and they understood.

Her father and brother decided to get us food and gave us time to talk. Leah wasn't letting me go either.

"Leah." I looked at her disbelief and she looked at me with her puppy eyes.

"What?"

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm going to the toilet." She gestured me to wait and she closed the toilet window locking it. She turned to me and gestured me to walk it.

"I'll wait you at the door." She said and she walked out. I walked in and closed to door to do my business. After that I washed my hands and walked out from the toilet to see Leah standing there looking at the ground.

She grabbed my hand and led me to the living room. She gestured me to sit down on the sofa. I sat down and she sat on the table in front of me. She sighed and she grabbed my hand.

"What did Dean say? How long did he give you time to stay here?" She asked.

"Why?"

"I want to spend time with you before I try to figure out what should I do next." I held myself from smiling.

"What are you going to do?"

"You need to let me know his weakness so I can.. have a bargain." She said and I chuckled. I cupped her face and gave a peck on her lips.

"Bargain for what?"

"To be with you, silly." She said and I nodded.

"Very well, I'll let you know later but for now.. let's not think about it." I said as I pulled her to my lap. She wrapped her legs around my body. I hugged her tightly and not planning to let her go sooner or later.

I'll figure out how to deal with Dean later on.

---

Last week, I already finalize the plot for Dean and Danielle's story. I cried so much and I never felt so much pain in making a story before. It was indeed will be one of the saddest story in terms of plot twists.

It will be a happy ending story but I can't wait to take you all on the whole rollercoaster ride :)