Chapter 20 - Another Trip

Adrian Nielsen

I was speechless when she kept cracking the crab non-stop. She was cracking it one by one without eating any of them, she said she wanted to do all the work first then eat comfortably.

When I was taking a bite of the pad thai, she gave me a big piece of crab for me to try. "I tried the sauce, it's good." She said and she gestured me to eat up. I grabbed the piece and took a small bite because I'm not so sure with it.

"How is it?" She asked as she looked at me blinking a few times waiting for me to tell her whether I liked it or not.

"It's good." I said and she squealed. She gave me more and then after she cracked all of it. She got up and washed her hands again. She ordered herself some rice and then she started eating.

"What's your plan for tomorrow after work?" I asked.

"Explore Paris, I want to see the Eiffel tower up close and maybe try explore some other places." She said and I nodded.

"Can you recommend me a place?

"Seine river." I said and she nodded.

"Tell me about your family." I said because I got curious all of the sudden. She looked up to me and raised her eyebrows.

"Well.. I was born in Dallas but my family moved to Seattle after I turned 3. I have.. one older brother and two older sisters. My parents divorced when I was 14 and me and my siblings went with our dad because my mom cheated on him with her therapist." She sighed as she looked down to her food sadly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you to lose your appetite." I said completely felt guilty about it.

"No, it's just.. I miss them. It's been a while since I saw them and contact them." She said as she smiled to me. I was taken back with it because how she just looked straight to my eyes.

"How about you? You seemed very close with Aria." She said as she continued to eat.

"Yeah, we both went to America together and had a life there before decided to go back to London."

"How about with your two older brothers?" She asked curiously.

"It's just a hate and love relationship. I can say that my oldest brother hated me for quite some time. I was a pain in his ass for years before and after he became a King." I chuckled remembering those times.

"And for my second brother, he.. saved my ass a lot and we both were quite similar with each other. Me, Aria and him were.. three peas in a pot." I looked out the window remembering those days.

"My parents might be in love with each other so much but they actually.. pretty busy. Even though my mother sacrificed her dreams to be with my father, she still.. thinking about her work. She couldn't let it go 100% and she sometimes just left us with our grandparents. My father was a King so he will always be busy. Maybe that's why most of us were a little bit rebel and.. wanted attention." I sighed and I turned to Leah.

"But you still ended up be a really cool person. I really looked up to you, to be honest." That made me speechless. I never found someone who really looked up to me. My mother always told me to stop being a brat.

"Everyone always had a rough phase in their life, I had one too. After my parents got divorce, I couldn't accept it. I hated my mom so much that.. I swore that I never wanted to see her again. I poured my heart out into studying and that got me crazy. My dad was worried but my siblings helped me get through it." She said and then she grabbed my hand which caught me off guard.

"I think you're a really cool person, Mr. Nielsen. Despite being controlling and really demanding sometimes, you're really awesome. I can say that you're my role model." She said and then she let my hand go. She continued to eat again and suddenly I couldn't breathe properly.

I drank my water in one shot and started to calm myself down. I waited for her to finish eating and I took out my card from my wallet to pay for everything. Leah suddenly stole my card and put it in her pocket. She took out her own purse and paid for it. When we walked outside, she gave my card back without saying anything.

"Mr. Nielsen, you can go back first and rest. I want to.. take a walk." She said as she walked backwards away from the hotel. "Thankyou for accompany me eating." She smiled and then she proceed to turn away to continue walking away.

I checked the time and it's pretty late. Instead of going back to the hotel, I decided to follow her. I was walking around 15 steps behind her. After our talk earlier, I felt a little weird. I felt warmth and just.. comfort just by her presence.

Maybe I saw her as someone that I should protect since she got into the same situation as Aria last time. It was my instinct to protect when she got beaten. It was like a beast ready to come out.

My phone rang all of the sudden and it was Dean. I kept my eyes on Leah as I picked up the phone.

"How long will you be staying in Paris?" Dean asked.

"Maybe until next week, why?"

"I want you to come to Italy after that, got something new and you'll like it." I could see his smirking just by his voice.

"Okay." I ended the call and put my phone back again into my pocket. I glued my eyes to her and she was just looking around. When she saw the sight of Eiffel tower, she took her phone out and took some pictures with it.

When she turned around, she saw me. I can tell that she was confused to see me following her. She walked towards me.

"Mr. Nielsen, why are you still here?" She asked.

"Women usually get kidnap when they wonder around alone at night." She looked at me in horror and she looked around her right away. I chuckled and she glared at me.

"Are you glaring at me?" I asked and she just walked away instead of answering me.

"Leah." I called her and she turned around.

"You're going to Italy with me after this Paris trip ends."