Chapter 8 - Snap

Leah Morris

I was brought to the hospital to check on my condition. It was pretty bad and the doctor recommended me to stay in the hospital for 2 days. I kept getting headaches and my jaw was hurting so much.

One of the ILLICIT representatives came to my room and told me that ILLICIT will pay all of hospital fees. They told me to rest for a week because of what happened.

I was still a little bit traumatized with what Adrian did. I saw him shot around 10 people and I still can't erase that scene from my mind.

I heard a knock on the door and the door opened. My eyes widen when it's Adrian who came it. He was casually going into the hospital like he's an ordinary person when he's clearly not.

"I'm assuming you're feeling better now." I heard he said as he closed the door. He walked towards me and I'm just still completely speechless to see that he's here. He sat on the seat beside my bed and I looked at him still not believing that he's here.

"I want to apologize for what happened that day, I was out of control." He said as he looked straight into my eyes.

"But either way, they would be killed." He added and I sighed.

"Mr. Nielsen, I don't know the detail about ILLICIT but I.. never thought that you would kill someone." I said honestly and he nodded.

"Sending them to jail will cause more trouble for ILLICIT so I rather kill them." He said without any suttering.

"So you killed a lot of people before?" I asked and Adrian chuckled sarcasticly.

"I'll be waiting on your resignation paper, Leah." He said as he got up from the chair. He looked straight into my eyes.

"Remember.. once you open your mouth about ILLICIT. You know the drill." He said and then he turned around walking towards the door.

"I won't resign." I said and it was out of the blue. I even surprised that I said that. Shit! Adrian turned around and he leaned his body to the door.

"Well.. you see.. I don't mind at all but you know what I'm capable of." He smirked and he walked towards me again.

"Very well, if you insist.. I'll see you next week, Leah." He said with a cold tone and then he walked out from the room. I can't help but want to smack myself right in the head. Why did I say that? I'm scared and why do I still want to do this? I'm in deep shit!

Adrian Nielsen

I let out a deep sigh as I refill my glass of whiskey. I looked at the glass blankly and again I remembered Leah's eyes when I saw her got beaten by those intruders. Not only that, her expression and the way her eyes were looking at me when I was going to kill those people for her.

I kept replaying in my mind again and again.

As an ILLICIT member, it would be a lie if we say we never kill someone. We killed people but they're all enemies or basically the bad guy. Phoenix might be out there right now with Lana but I bet Lana doesn't know that he killed people before.

She doesn't need to know that. Hell, no one should know about that.

Leah's situation reminded me of Aria. Once, Aria got beaten up by women and men in a bar when she's drunk. She was full of bruises, cuts and two black eyes the next day. I was the one who rescued her and beating up all the men there. She was coughing blood and that's when I sue all of them to the depths of the earth.

They didn't know who they're messing with and once they knew they're messing with royals, they went on their knees right away. I never forgive them and until now.. some of them still owe me a lot of money.

When I saw Leah, I snapped.

It reminded me of Aria instantly and I just went crazy. I hate when men hit women and just treat them poorly. Some of the male species are too dumb to even live.

I was protecting her yet, she was thinking that I'm the monster here when the real monsters were the one who beat her up.

I grabbed my glass of whiskey and drank it like it's water. I got up from my seat and walked out from the private bar. I called my chauffer to drive me home. I was tired and my head doesn't want to cooperate with me.

I really need to fire Leah, she will only mess with my head after this incident.

I'll see what I can do after we get back to work.

Chance Kyson

"He what?!" Aria turned to me disbelief.

"You heard me." I said and Aria chuckled. She leaned her body to the wall looking at me smirking.

"I guess.. he snapped." She said as I walked closer to her closing the gap between us. She put her arms around my neck and looked into my eyes.

"Girls will fall for that, usually.. they'll fall in love with their hero." Aria said and she slowly kissed my lips.

"Love? That shit is lame." I whispered to her ear and she giggled.

"Lame for you, Chance." She poked my chest. She slipped away from me and walked to the window looking out at the beautiful night in London.

"Your brother should stay like you." I said and she chuckled sarcasticly.

"Chance, darling, I'm not the type of woman you think I am." She said and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows and she turned to me.

"You don't want to play with me, Chance Kyson." She smirked as she gestured me to come closer to her. She held the zipper to her dress slowly going down unzipping it.

"Ah.. you're not in the mood?" She stopped mid way and I looked straight to her eyes not liking what she said.

"I guess.. I'll come some ot-" I shut her mouth by crashing my lips to hers.