Chapter 35 - Miss

Adrian Nielsen

"Hey, are you okay?" Lana asked as she gave me a hug.

"I think I am, I don't know." I said as I pulled back. I gestured her to sit down and she gave me a light smile.

"I never thought would be seeing you like this."

"Well.. I never thought Leah would leave right away after I sent you and Phoenix there." I said truthfully and I was a little bit hurt by her decisions. She didn't even call me to tell me that she's leaving.

"Listen, Adrian. It was clear that we all can see that Leah has been through some shit and I'm not going to ask you for details about it but.. she's still figuring out her feelings."

"Me too, not only her. I was thinking that.. maybe this feeling only came because of pity." I said as I looked down to my empty plate.

"That's your excuse, you're trying to deny it. I'm guess because of ILLICIT." I looked up to her and she chuckled. She showed me her phone and it kept ringing showing Phoenix's name on the screen.

"Pity is just an excuse, Adrian. I don't think you would care so much about this woman if you don't like her. Phoenix was denial too at first but ended up coming around. Dean will always in the way, he will always try to put you back in place.. in the end of the day.. it's your choice and Leah's too of course."

"I don't know."

"Give Leah some space and she'll figure everything. Even though you didn't tell me the whole story, that girl has been through some shit. The trauma that she's experience was not a small trauma. She needs time to recover so.. I suggest you give her a month or two before reaching out to her again."

"A month or two?" I looked at he disbelief. Isn't that too long?

"Why? Too long? Well.. I think you should wait until she contacts you." Lana chuckled.

"You boys really need a break from work and this crazy rules."

"Boys?!" I hissed and she laughed.

"Look at this boy." She showed her phone screen again and I rolled my eyes. Phoenix is that whipped, he can't even trust Lana to see me.

"Yes, darling? Did you just raise your tone? I'm with Adrian right now, if you miss him.. just come here!" She ended the call at the same as the food coming to our table. After the waiter left, Lana chuckled.

"It's okay to fall in love, Adrian. It seems like this time, she got you good." Lana said.

"I don't think so." I said confidently because I really don't want people to think I'm so whipped and crazy.

"Lana Sterling!" We both turned to the door and found Phoenix standing there looking straight at his wife. I can't believe he came here and what would Dean do is he knows this situation.

Phoenix walked towards us and I looked away immediately.

"Phoenix! I can't believe you-"

"Adrian." He called me and I turned to him. He sat down beside Lana and he sighed.

"I've missed you." He said in a small voice and Lana was holding her laughter. I sighed looking at him annoyed and Lana was trying so hard not to burst out laughing.

"I've been waiting for you to get whipped too so we can make ILLICIT 2.0 the whipped club." Phoenix said it by looking at me straight in the eye.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I hissed. I got up from my seat and suddenly Phoenix gave me his iPad. I raised my eyebrows not wanting to take it.

"My team have been monitoring Leah incase something bad happened. I can see Dean has his man stand by near her too. I'm guessing, after I left.. he has been tighten up the security." He said and I grabbed the iPad from his hand. I opened it and saw pretty much the situation Leah's in.

"I think yu should give her some time, I'll let you know about her situation through Lana." I gave his iPad back and looked at the couple.

"You started everything Phoenix." I hissed and Lana smacked my hand.

"Don't blame him, I was a part of it too."

"Dean knew about you forming a team, you're going to be ILLICIT's enemy now?" I asked and Phoenix chuckled.

"If you all think that I'll be ILLICIT's enemy, you're stupid. I made it to protect myself and be ready for you all to be whipped." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Confident much?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Dean is not only watching you, he has his eyes on Angelo too. Dean beat him up in Italy last week." My eyes widened when I heard it.

"For the time being, I'm waiting for you two to come to me." He smirked and Lana smacked her husband's arm.

"You're fucked up, Phoenix." I shook my head and walked away.

Lana Sterling

"You did not just say about Angelo's situation." I hissed at Phoenix. I grabbed my fork and knife taking the steak.

"He needs to know about it too, he's too focus with his life. It proves that he's slowly getting whipped." My husband said it confidently and I shook my head.

"Why did you come here anyway?" I asked.

"I'm hungry and I can't stay away from you that long." Suddenly I remembered when he said he misses Adrian. I laughed remembering it.

"Why are you laughing?" I decided not to say it because he will not say it again to Adrian in the future if I teased him.

"Darling." I called him.

"Yes, love?"

"Let's go to Seattle, I have a plan in mind."