Chapter 25 - Agony

Leah Morris

I fell down to the ground when Victor slapped me. He and the other 3 men were not happy when I told them I couldn't find it. They saw me trying a lot of things to get access and I can't.

I was suffering a lot for the past 3 weeks and I couldn't get anything to them.

"She's fucking useless!" Victor's voice filled the room and the blonde man walked towards me. He grabbed my arm and forced me to stand up.

"I told you we should have killed her from the start." Victor said as he turned to me. I gulped nervously and I just couldn't seem to say anything. The blonde man turned to Victor and he gestured Victor to shut up. The blonde man stood in front of me and looked straight into my eyes.

"I'm giving you your last chance to get this information. I want you to give it to me by tomorrow at 12 p.m or else.. you know you'll die soon." He smirked and then he slapped me again. I fell down to the ground and I could hear my left ear's ringing.

"Take her away." The blonde man said and they brought me out from the building. I made my way back to the headquarters because I have a meeting in an hour. I have to quickly go there and settle a couple of things.

My heart was racing, I'm nervous and just can't function well. I might die tomorrow if I don't get the file. I need to make an alibi to Adrian so I could see those files about FL-2020.

One I arrived, I went straight to the toilet. I tried to cover up my redness on my cheek with makeup but it doesn't work. I don't bring a lot of makeup out so this will be a challenging one.

After touching up my makeup, I walked to the basement where my lab located. My eyes widen when I saw the main lab's doors opened widely. I walked towards it and saw no one's inside. What the hell?

I looked around making sure that there's no one around. I walked into the main lab and quickly went straight to the nearest computer that I could find. I quickly typed in the FL-2020 and I bet Victor could see everything now through my contact lenses.

When I found the file, I clicked on it and it scared me. My eyes widen when I saw a detailed file of FL-2020 or should I say T-13. T-13 was made by Adrian and I don't know who leaked this but FL-2020 was based of this blue print. I was amazed by the file that I don't even hear that someone came in.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I turned my body around and this man in suit grabbed my upper arm dragging me out from the main lab. When we both looked at each other, he immediately covered my eyes.

"I was ju-"

"Ah.. you're the traitor." He dragged me somewhere and I was apologizing all the way to where he took me. I tried fo explain the situation when I headd Adrian's voice.

"What happened?" Adrian asked and none of them say a word after that. The man took me into a dark room and I took this opportunity to take my contact lenses off.

When I was about to say something, I felt the device in my body released something and I started screaming in pain.

Adrian Nielsen

When Dean caught Leah, I was confused. Dean will never just randomly grab a woman and covered their eyes like this. Something must have happened and Dean gestured me to shut up and not say anything as he brought Leah up to the 4th floor.

Leah was begging for forgiveness along the way and I still don't understand the situation. Dean put her in a dark room and we both walked into the room beside it to see what is she up to.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She's working for someone else, she's using a spy contact lenses and she was trying access some files in the main lab." What? I turned to Leah disbelief and that's when she started to scream.

"Dean!" I said when I saw her screaming in pain as she took off her top.

"What did you do?!"

"I didn't do anything." He said and I quickly ran towards the room where she's in. I turned on the lights and my eyes widened when I saw there's a cut her ribcage.

"Please help me!" Leah screamed when she saw me. She grabbed my arm and she kept screaming in pain.

"They.. they put a device on me.. please!!" She screamed at me.

"It's Victor Mendez! He- Arghhhhhh Please.. help!" She started coughing and I picked her up from the ground. I ran to the room where Dean was and he shook his head. He wanted her to die instead of saving her.

"Please." I begged as Leah kept screaming and her body was going out of control.

"Please!" I begged and Dean rolled his eyes. He gestured me to go and I quickly ran towards the emergency stairs to the 3rd floor where Dean has all of his hospital equipment.

I put her on the hospital bed as she kept screaming in pain. She was scratching the cut on her rib and she was screaming in agony wanting help. My heart was hurting to see her like this.

Dean commanded some people to get the operation ready and they brought her into the operation room immediately. I was watching her slowly losing her consciousness. Dean walked in and he was operating her quickly.

That's when it hit me, the phone calls she got at dawn. I took out my phone and quickly ran to the security department.

I gave the phone number to them and they tried to find who's the owner of the phone. Is it really Victor Mendez? Because if it is, he will be dead in my own hands.

But first, I need a long explanation from Leah.