Chapter 7 - Killing

Leah Morris

After Adrian ended the call, someone walked in and caught me. He dragged me by my hair out from the lab and punched me straight to my face that I could hear my ears ringing.

He grabbed my hair and pulled me up to stand straight. He asked me to open the safe with all of the new prototypes. He put a gun straight to my head and I put my hand so the safe would open. As soon as it opened, he pushed me hard to the wall causing me to hit my head.

Suddenly one person entered the lab and I was wondering how could they even enter the headquarters when the security was so tight. I was thinking about someone from the inside trying to do this because they know about the safe right away.

"You.. lead us to the main lab." The person who just walked in said to me. I couldn't think straight because how blurry my vision and how my ears were ringing loudly.

He grabbed my arm making me stand up and brought me out from the lab on gun point. He asked to guide him there and I nodded. I walked towards the main lab and I saw people were held on gun point.

"There." I pointed at the main lab door.

"Open it." He said.

"I couldn't, I don't have any access to-" He punched me again until I fell down to the ground.

"Useless bitch." He said it in French and he left me alone. I got up and ran away to find a safe place for me to hide. As I was trying to find it, I was caught by one of them. He smirked and he put a gun to my forehead.

I looked at it in horror and I closed my eyes ready to die. I bit my lips waiting for him to shoot me but he was laughing.

"Stupid bitch." He slapped me across the face and knocked me out.

I opened my eyes slowly after knocked unconscious. I looked around to see if there's people in the hallway that I'm in. I got up and walked into the room in the end of the hallway. I was scared. I locked it and my body was shaking.

I felt my face was hurting so bad and I could feel my jaw.. numbing in pain. I turned off the lights and completely scared to death. I was traumatized. I closed my eyes hoping that none of the people from earlier would find me or else I could be dead.

I was waiting.. I heard a lot of gun shot being fired outside. I heard screaming and it was just.. a shit show. I was so scared that I swore with my life that I wouldn't come out until I know it's clear. I heard a lot of footsteps and someone even tried to open the door.

After a while, I heard someone calling my name.

"Leah!" It was Adrian's voice but I was so scared that I couldn't find strenght to even open the door.

"Leah!" I heard his voice again but I'm nervous.

"Leah!" The third time made me unlocked the door and I walked out from the room. There I was him with a vest and a gun on his hand, I was.. shocked and a little bit scared.

"Mr. Nielsen.." I called him and he looked at me shocked. He was mumbling someone as I walked towards him slowly hesitating because I was scared. He walked towards me and he looked straight to my face.

"What did they do?" He asked as he put held my chin checking my face. I bet I will have bruises and a black eye tomorrow.

"We caught them.. come." He said as he turned around and he grabbed my wrist. We walked towards the main lab and I felt my head was turning around. I felt dizzy.

We walked into the main lab and my eyes widen when I saw all of the intruders were already caught. They were all now at a gun point straight to the back of their head. I looked around and there's a lot of people but my head wasn't working well.

"Let's take this outside, I'll kill you all outside.. I don't want any blood on my lab." One of the men in suit said and they all walked out from the lab.

"You should come too, Adrian." One of the men said to Adrian and he nodded. After everyone left, Adrian turned to me.

"You're going to kill them?" I asked and Adrian nodded.

"They did this to you and you want them to be alive?" Adrian asked in a sarcastic tone.

"I mean we can throw them to jail." I said and Adrian stood in front of me as he slipped his hand to my cheek.

"ILLICIT doesn't work that way, Leah." He said in a cold tone as he looked straight to my eyes. He then grabbed my hand and brought me out from the building. I heard a shot being fired and immediately stopped.

"No." Adrian dragged me out and I saw one man already dead. I looked at it in horror and I turned to Adrian.

"Which one who beat you up?" He asked as he loaded his gun.

"No, please." I stopped him and he turned to me.

"Tell me which one!" He raised his voice until some of them turned to us.

"Mr. Nielsen, please. I don't thi-"

"Don't make me ask you twice, Leah." He looked straight to my eyes and I gulped nervously. I turned to all the intruders and I could identify 3 people right away.

"I said.. don't make me-"

"They're going to be killed anyway.. could you just stay here with me?" I cut him.

"You leave me no choice." He walked towards those people and he started to shoot them one my one from the left to right. I looked at it in horror and it made me scare of Adrian.

He was like a mad man when he shot all of them without mercy. Some people even tried to stop him but they can't. He was killing every one of them leaving them drop dead on the ground. He then threw his gun to the ground and walked away.