Chapter 34 - Sleeping Pills

Leah Morris

My dad gave me a really big hug when he saw me. He was worried about me since I didn't text him these days. He never thought that I would come home since all he knew was I love my job a lot.

"You got fired?" He asked and I shook my head.

"The situation is more complicated than that but I rather keep it to myself." I said and I'm glad that he understood it. He told me that he'll make my favorite mac and cheese as he let me rest for a little bit.

Now, I couldn't help thinking about Adrian. Ever since I got into that plane and flew back to Seattle, I just couldn't stop thinking about him. I felt guilty not being able to say goodbye to him.

I could feel the pain that slowly creeping into my heart.

I closed my eyes and ended up falling asleep.

"Leah! Leah!" I opened my eyes and saw my brother looking at me worried. My dad came into the room to check on me.

"You're having a nightmare huh?" My brother, Lee, asked as he put the back of his hand on my forehead.

"I just need some rest, I was so tired from the flight." I said and Lee helped me get up from the sofa. I walked upstairs to my room and I'm glad that it was already cleaned.

I laid on my bed again and closed my eyes hoping that I could sleep. I sighed when I remembered my nightmares earlier.

I saw Adrian saving me but he got shot multiple times and he died in my arms.

Why did I even dream about something like that? What is he doing now? He is okay? Did Dean do something bad to him?

Let's focus on recovering myself first.

Adrian Nielsen

I thought I could.. just do everything normally like nothing happened but I can't. I found myself acting like an idiot. My sister even called me a few times and I was just.. not there.

My mind is clearly somewhere else.

Aria apologized to me about Chance's behavior. She didn't know that he went through her phone. She even sent the pictures to me to cheer me up. She knew that I was going through a lot.

I'm glad that she's not teasing me about it.

I decided to go to Denmark. I rode my horse around the palace and just tried to relax myself.

Her decision to leave was pretty clear to me. I think we both don't have the same feelings towards each other. I don't even blame her if she says that she hates me.

She went through a lot because of me and the damage that happened to her was unforgivable. I really owe her a lot. I shouldn't have sent her to do the bidding, I shouldn't have bring her to those events.

"Son." I turned to see my father bringing his horse out from the stable. He walked towards me and patted my horse.

"I'm guessing that something is bothering you." He said as he turned to me.

"Why do you think that?"

"You never come home unless you have something wrong, Adrian. You and your siblings are the same. Always trying to find comfort when you're going through shit." He said in a sarcastic tone and I chuckled.

"That's the point of having a home, father."

"Well.. The four of you always make me excited to see you but ended up being should to cry on instead. Spare your old man some fun stuffs will you?" He tried to cheer me up and I smiled.

"Your mother told me that you have a girlfriend, where is she?" He asked curiously and I shook my head.

"She's not my girlfriend, we just.. hung out."

"Don't tell me that you're having relationship with this poor woman like Aria and that bastard?" He looked at me suspiciously and I shook my head.

"I'm not an asshole, father."

"You are, Adrian." He said as he walked back to his horse.

"And you're not?" I asked as I turned to him.

"I become an asshole only when I'm jealous. Your mother loves it though." He smirked and then he got on the horse. I chuckled at his statement and he sighed.

"If you really like this girl, just go. Why wasting time here? You looked like an idiot." He said and then he left me alone. I sighed and gave my horse toy assistant so he could put him back in the stable.

I got into the golfcar and they drove me back to the palace. I checked my phone and found Lana calling me a few times while I was riding my horse. I decided to call her back right away.

"Hey."

"Hey, Adrian. I'm currently in Copenhagen, I was wondering if you want to meet up."

"That would be great, how about dinner?" I asked as I walked upstairs to my room.

"That would be great, Phoenix is busy so don't worry, you won't see him." She knew exactly the situation and I'm glad for that.

"I'll text you the place, see you at dinner." I ended the call and decided to take a shower right away. I looked at the time and I still have 3-4 hours before meeting up with Lana. I decided to take a nap since I've been have trouble sleeping lately.

I need a lot of rest but I can't even sleep. I kept experiencing insomnia for the past week. Maybe I need sleeping pills to help me sleep.

I closed my eyes and found myself sleeping right away.

Lana Sterling

"Are you glaring at me?!" I hissed at my husband. "Did you just glare at me, Phoenix Sterling?!" I glared at him back.

"I can't believe you're having dinner with Adrian, you're supposed to have dinner with me!" He pouted and I shook my head.

"Don't be a baby, you have meetings."

"Lana." He sighed.

"Why? It's Adrian." I said and Phoenix shook his head.

"He used to like you."

"Phoenix, I'm not going to have this.. argument with you."