Chapter 18 - Why

Leah Morris

Instead of going to dinner with Brodie, I decided to just sleep in because I'm so tired and feeling a little bit under the weather. I took a long bath to relax myself and decided to go buy dinner and eat it at the hotel.

"Leah." I turned to see Adrian walking into the hotel with some of his guards.

"Yes, Mr. Nielsen?"

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Going to get dinner." I said and he raised his eyebrows. He gestured me to wait for him. He talked to his guards and they all left him alone.

"Come with me." He said and I followed him. He led me to the restaurant inside the hotel. He immediately got us into the private room.

"Order whatever you want." He said as the waiter comes with the menu. I opened the menu and looked at the price in horror.

"Just order anything you want." He said and I was scanning for something that is not pricey.

"Leah, I'm paying." He said and I looked up to him. He gestured me to pick anything and I picked a simple steak and he ordered the same thing.

"There's a formal event tomorrow night, we won't be working tomorrow so you can do whatever you want for the day. I'll be picking you up around 6.30."

"Very well." I said and he nodded.

"Did you see the FL-2020 already?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'll show you after tomorrow's event, I need you to help me on that. That's why I'm bringing you to Paris." He said and I nodded. I looked down to the plate and we both were silent for a moment.

We both were drown in our own thoughts.

"I thought you'll go to dinner with Brodie." He said and I shook my head.

"No."

"Good because yo-"

"It's not because of what you said, I was just feeling under the weather so that's why I cancelled the dinner." I turned to Adrian and he just looked at me with an unreadable eyes.

"You really do have the balls to define me huh?"

"I don't, I just don't like it when you're controlling me. You're my boss and you should keep the line between boss and the employee." I said and he was shocked to hear me saying that.

"You should be thankful, I'm saving your life." I decided not to answer him because we will end up arguing.

We ate our food in silence and it slowly became so awkward. He even excused himself first and I was just sitting there completely speechless. I hope tomorrow will go well, I don't think I could survive with Adrian's attitude.

Adrian Nielsen

Just finished my meeting and I'm ready to go to the event tonight. I got into the car and ready to picked Leah up from the hotel. I was checking my schedule for the week when my chauffeur let me know that we'll be arriving at the hotel in 2 minutes.

I texted Leah to come down to the lobby so we can go straight to the event.

The door opened and Leah got in. I looked up to her when she was closing the door. She has her hair in a bun with long earrings. Her dress was beautiful and it fitted her perfectly. I have no words to describe her anymore, I'm speechless.

I told my chauffeur to drive to the event venue and tried to make myself busy by looking at my iPad

I told my chauffeur to drive to the event venue and tried to make myself busy by looking at my iPad. Leah didn't say a word, she was just busy with her phone too.

She really tried so hard not to get on my bad side and I'm thankful for that because it helps me to control myself around her.

When we arrived at the venue, I got out from the car and that's when I saw her fully. She looked so beautiful and elegant. I walked first because she will distract me from doing what I'm supposed to do today.

We stood side by side when they checked the guest list. I greeted some people that greeted me on their way in or out from the venue. They always took a glance on Leah and I'm not blaming them. She looks stunning.

"What do you want me to do?" She asked me as we walked into the ballroom.

"Just stick around and don't talk to people unless I introduce you to them." I said and she nodded. She was walking a step behind from me as we walked through people.

"Your Highness." I turned to see Michello.

"Michello, it's been years." I greeted him and he smiled. "How are you doing?"

"Always been great, Your Highness. I never thought you'll come here. My wife said that Princess Aria won't come so I thought you won't come here either." He said and I shook my head.

"Me and Aria have different schedules and she's busy with something else at the moment. Nice seeing you Mike, talk to you again soon." I said and walked past him.

"Your Highness." I turned to see none other than Victor Mendez. Victor Mendez is the creater of FL-2020 and I'm sure Leah was aware of it too. I don't really care if Victor knows that Leah was the one who got the highest bidding for FL-2020 yesterday.

"Victor, how are you?" I asked as we both shook hands.

"Great." He said as he glanced at Leah. I turned to her and she gave him a small smile. "Victor, this is Leah. Leah, this is Victor Mendez." I introduced her to him and she shook his hand.

"I never thought Your Highness will bring his girlfriend here."

"She's not my girlfriend and I'm sure you're aware of it." I said in a not so friendly tone. He was playing dump and we both were aware of it.

The event started and Victor immediately excused himself. "He knew huh?" Leah asked.

"Yeah, he knows. You don't need to worry about that, he's not as smart as you think he is." I said arrogantly.

"I don't think it will be good to get on his bad side." She said and I chuckled.

"He's a coward, he thinks he's smart but in reality.. not really and I'll show you why I say that later on."