Chapter 21 - Meeting

Leah Morris

I drank my coffee like it's water because I'm so tired today. I've been following Adrian around all day. He was one of the speakers for business conference. A lot of people attended this session and most of them sat on the floor since there's no more empty seats available in the room.

He was indeed a really cool man. He's smart and really knows the tactic of business. He gave a lot of tips here and there for people to be succeed in their small business. Despite being the Prince of Denmark and one of the most successful businessmen in Europe, he's pretty humble. People loved him and I can see women came here not to learn but to look at him.

I bet some of them hoping that there will be a cinderella moment where the Prince notice a commoner.

When it comes to question and answer, a lot of them asking if he was a part of ILLICIT. Even I don't know if he's a part of it or if he is the ILLICIT. I've worked for him for quite some time now but I still don't know how ILLICIT works or who's behind this company.

Adrian never answered the question about ILLICIT and he will always say that he's only working with Estelle and have no ties with the ILLICIT. I mean I think he's working for the ILLICIT too instead of being a part of it.

There's even a rumor about ILLICIT being owned by the Russians. I mean I don't really know. People were speculating but never really know the truth about ILLICIT. I mean I rather not know about it because last time I want to know.. I almost die and saw Adrian killed people in front of my eyes.

I was amazed by how secretive ILLICIT is, how can they stay hidden when usually companies go out in public for them to be known. Who's really behind all of this?

I can't help but comparing them to the Gold Lifes.

The Gold Lifes is sure is powerful. We all know who's behind it, the leader, the brain and everything because they're so open about it but how can we have zero knowledge about ILLICIT?

In the States, who doesn't know and love the Lemieres? People who worked with them before.. really only have good words about them. It was like they're born to rule America.

I have a friend who worked at one of the Lemiere's security base in Canada and she said that.. they're really smart and really detail oriented. She even met Nicholas Lemiere once when he visited the base and she said that he's such a daddy.

She described him like that, I just can't imagine if I get to meet him. I'll faint right away maybe. Everyone wanted to be him especially his legendary reveal when he's the only Lemiere left after all of his family got killed.

Who doesn't know Lemiere back in the days? Even my grandparents knew the Lemieres back then. They were one of the most powerful families in the states but then they went extinct after they all got killed. They were silence for 2 decades until Nicholas Lemiere claimed his throne back.

Now the Gold Lifes basically rulled America more than the president ruled America.

"Leah!" I turned my head to Adrian and he looked at me weirdly.

"I've been calling you a couple of times and you were zoning out." He said as he grabbed a bottle of water from his assistant.

"Sorry."

"Let's go." He said and I followed him. He told his assistant to do something and then she left us both. I looked at the clock and it's almost 5 already, I should get ready to go for a sightseeing.

I'm so excited.

He sat down on the sofa inside the waiting room, he started to speak in Danish to his guards and then they left him alone. He then turned to me and he sighed.

"You should get some rest, Mr. Nielsen." I said.

"What's your plan for today?" He asked.

"A mission to go to the Seine river and maybe.. find a cute French man." I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

"It's five already, can I go?" I asked as I looked at my watch and he nodded. I grabbed my bag and bid my goodbyes to him. I walked out from the conference building and grabbed a taxi to go to the Seine river.

When I arrived, I couldn't stop admiring the beauty. I love these types of scenery, it makes me so relax and just.. recharge my energy.

How I wish Adrian was here.

Wait! What? What the fuck? Did I just say that?

I smacked myself lightly and I started to walk around the river. Imagine going here with your boyfriend, holding hands.. and just kiss when the sun is going down. Damn, I would write my love story into a book with that.

I need to find myself a French man, not like the man in Emily in Paris.

"Miss, is this yours?" I turned around to see a man holding small book and I shook my head.

"It's not mine." I said and he looked at the book confused and I looked at him confused.

"I thought you dropped it, it's on the ground." He said and I shook my head. It's pretty obvious that he was currently on his jog since he was wearing a whole sport attire and he was sweating already.

"Oh.." He then awkwardly put the book down on the ground. I couldn't help but laughed at his action. He stood up and chuckled.

"That was.. a little awkward." He said and I nodded.

"If that book was mine, that would be a really great conversation but it's not." I said and he chuckled again.

"That's true, I'm Albert by the way." He said as he put out his hands to me. "I'm Leah."

"I'm assuming you're from America, judging by your accent." He said and I nodded.

"How about you? I'm assuming you're not from around here either."

"I'm from Denmark actually."

"Oh really? That's awesome." I said and he were awkwardly standing there and looking at each other.

"You're working here? Or.. just traveling?"

"I'm actually working in London but I have a business trip here." I said honestly.

"I see. How ab-" My phone rang and I gestured him to wait for a second. I took out my phonr and it's Adrian.

"Hello." I answered

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm at the Seine river, I think I told you that earlier." I said and Adrian sighed.

"Are you alone?" What? I looked at Albert and bit my lip. Should I lie or not lie?

"No."

"Come back to the hotel before 9." He ended the call.

"Work?"

"Yeah, kinda."

"Are you going to stay here for quite some time? I was hoping if you want to grab a coffee or something." He offered and I smiled nodding. He gave me his phone and I gave him my phone number.

"Tomorrow?" He asked.

"I get out of work around 5 so.. see you around 6?" I asked and he nodded.

"Nice to meet you, Leah."

"It was nice meeting you too, Albert."