Chapter 17 - Great Job

Leah Morris

"Diego, this is Brodie. Brodie, this is Diego." I introduced them both to each other and just really get on Brodie's good side. The more that I talk to him, the more I know that he's not only an employee in Cavino but he's one of the most trusted people in Cavino.

What an odd fate that I got here.

Met him at the bar and it turned out to be my rival or should I say my boss' rival. Adrian kept complaining why I want to go with him but I just ignored him. If he wants that FL-2020 that bad, he should let me play the game instead of him taking over.

It will be easier for me to get it by getting closer to the insider.

After talking with Brodie, me and Diego left the Cavino booth. We pretended that we want to look around.

"Mr. Nielsen will be mad if you don't listen to him." Diego warned.

"He wants the FL-2020 really bad and this is my way of getting it." I said and we both got stopped midway by one of Estelle's men. They led us to the back. Adrian was already there looking at me murderously. He sent Diego out and he sighed looking at me.

"Why aren't you listening to me and follow my rules?" He asked as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"I met him yesterday and I figure that it'll be eas-"

"He's an assassin, Leah." I looked at him disbelief and he nodded.

"You really don't get it, do you?" He took a step closer to me.

"Listen to me and follow my rules, that way you'll be safe. Don't play stupid games because you'll get in trouble sooner or later and I'm not going to save you again.. not for the second time." He said as he looked at me straight into my eye.

"But aren't you an assassin too? You killed people as well." I said and he was taken back by my statement.

"I never asked you to protect me, Mr. Nielsen. I think I can manage myself either I die or don't die. This is my way to get that FL-2020 for you since you want it so badly." I added and Adrian sighed.

"Is this your way to get it? Flirt with people?"

"It's just dinner, Mr. Nielsen." I said and he nodded. He sat down on the sofa and looked at the table in front of him blankly.

"You can go." He said and I nodded. I walked out from the room and walked back into the exhibition. I started to look around from booth to booth and just enjoying this exhibition.

I checked the time and in 30 minutes, they'll bet on the FL-2020. I should go towards Cavino's booth and prepare for the bidding. This is their first product and they will sell it to the highest bidder today.

"Hey, you're here for the bidding?" Brodie asked and I nodded.

"I called my boss earlier and he's interested." I said and Brodie nodded.

"Where are you working at?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm from Wesoline." That's what me and Diego agreed on. Wesoline is Estelle's and Cavino's rival too from Germany.

"Awesome, I wish you could win the bet." Brodie said.

"I hope so." I said nervously and Brodie left me. He walked go his team to prepare for the bidding and I'm starting to sweat a little. I'm quite nervous.

They introduced the product and explaining how it works. A lot of people are interested and I'm assuming, it will be hard for me to get a good deal out of it. They announced that the bidding started from 1000 Euro.

The first person to raise the price was a man in his 50s, I believe. He came with a couple of guards too. I turned to Diego and he nodded. I raised my eyebrows and put 5000 Euro right away.

"10.000 Euro."

"15.000 Euro."

"20.000 Euro." People started to raised it more higher and higher.

"Go for 50.000 Euro." I heard Adrian said and I raised my hand saying the exact amount that Adrian wanted. Brodie looked at me shock and I just gave him a small smile.

"50.000 Euro, going once." I looked around and everyone was already looking at me amazed.

"60.000 Euro." I turned to see a young man smirking at me wanting to win the bidding.

"Go for 65.000 Euro." Adrian said and I do as he said. The young man immediately called someone and he raised his hand bidding it on 70.000 Euro.

"100.000 Euro." I said loud and clear. I could hear people gasping hearing the price that I said and they closed the bid immediately. Diego smiled and told me that I did a good job. Diego will take care of the money and get the FL-2020 for me.

Brodie walked towards me and he clapped his hands. "That was unbelievable." He said and I chuckled.

"What can I say? My boss wants it."

"I guess I'll be seeing you tonight, Leah." He smiled and I nodded. He turned around and talked to some people. I walked away and got myself a iced coffee. I was sweating so hard and nervous but I'm glad that I did it.

"Take a taxi and go straight to the hotel, I'll meet you there." I heard Adrian's voicr and I walked out from the exhibition. I grabbed a taxi right away to the hotel. As I got out from the taxi and paid it, Adrian was already waiting for me.

He has his hands in his pocket gesturing me to go in. I quickly followed him inside and he led me to a small conference room.

"Is everything okay, Mr. Nielsen?" I asked.

"They know you're not from Wesoline, Leah." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"They already did a background check on me?" I asked as I sat down.

"Yes and I suggest you not to go with Brodie tonight. I don't know if he's intention here is to really have a dinner with you or to kill you." That left me speechless.

"If you really want to go to that dinner, you can, but I'm not going to save you if something bad happens. I've warned you." He said and then he got up from his seat.

"You did great today." He said and then left me alone in that room to think.