Chapter 24 - Mission

Leah Morris

I looked at the operation scar on under my rib cage in horror. I can't believe that I'm in this situation. They instructed me to do a lot of things in the ILLICIT headquarters and I'm really scared.

I don't want to betray ILLICIT and Adrian but I don't want to die too.

"You're going to wear this special contact lenses everyday so we can see what you are doing. You won't be able to get away with trying to snitch on us." The blonde man said as he handed me 3 pairs of contact lenses.

"If you dare snitch on us, you know so well that you're going to die." He said as he pointed at my body. I nodded and he gave me my passport again and gestured one of his guards to open the door.

I walked out from the room and they led me to the car. They put the blindfold on and drove away from the place. I literally wanted to cry, all of this happened in a span of 4 hours.

They opened my blindfold off when we arrived at the airport. They gave me a new ticket and pushed me out from the car. They left me and my phone vibrated.

There's a text message from the blonde man earlier that he demanded me to give information tomorrow. I looked at it nervously and walked into the airport. I checked in and decided to go straight to the security. I have to process my luggage later on back in London and figure out how to tell about this situation to someone.

I need help.

But how can I get help, I really need to come up with a plan. As soon as I arrived in London, I immediately go home to my apartment. I started to panic and looked at the bandage again and again.

It's stressing me out.

Adrian Nielsen

I arrived at the ILLICIT headquarters in Italy. I walked into the building and went straight to Dean's office. He was already waiting for me.

"Can you tell me where the FL-2020 is?" He asked and I looked at him confused.

"I destroyed it.. why?" I answered in a confused tone. Dean turned around and he looked at me not amused.

"Why? It's trash." I said and he shook his head.

"It is trash but.. I suggest you to melt it all until it vanish."

"What's your reason for this?" I asked as I sat on the chair in front of his desk.

"Victor Mendez, I think he's up to something. He recently meeting up with Edison." Edison? Why the hell is he doing with Edison?

"Something's not right, you should watch out. I think your decision to buy that shit is not good." Dean said and I shrugged.

"What's the thing that you want to show me?" I asked and he gestured me to follow him to his lab. I took the safety coat and my other protection gears. He showed me his newest creation and again he will always impress me with his genius brain.

No wonder, he got into college when he's 16.

Leah Morris

I was starting to throw up because of this thing in my body. I felt weird and I was slowly starting to feel nauseous. As I walked into the headquarters, I kept stopping midway when I'm walking.

I tired to work normally and tried to find the information that Victor needed. It was a little hard for me because I don't have any access to other labs and rooms. I'm only allowed to be the lab that I'm placed in.

"Are you okay?" Jack asked and I nodded.

"The time of the month thing." I smiled briefly.

Ever since that, I survived another week until Adrian came back from Italy. He came by to our lab and checked our work. I only greeted him and he didn't even talk to me.

When Victor knew that Adrian is back, they wanted me to get the FL-2020 related file that Adrian have. I don't even know where that fucking file is and I can't even access other rooms.

I walked out from the lab and I found Aria talking to Adrian. As I was about to walk to them, my phone rang and it's Victor. I picked it up.

"Don't even think about it." He said and I gulped nervously.

"If you really want to die so badly, be my guest." He added and then ended the phone call. I walked back to the lab and just sat there staring blankly at the screen.

I worked until dawn and waited a lot of them to go home. I startes to look around the labs trying to see if there's people in the other labs so I can maybe get access inside.

"What are you doing?" I jumped when I heard Adrian's voice.

"I.. I was just.."

"It's already dawn, you should go home." He said after he checked the time.

"I.. still have work to do." I said as I tried so bad not to cry. I wanted him to help me so bad.

"Very well." He said and he walked pass me. I leaned to the wall and tried my best to control myself from crying. I'm so tired and can't describe how painful it is to be in this situation.

I walked back to the lab and sat in there alone. I was looking at the laptop blankly. I don't know how Victor knew that Adrian has files of all of the things that he made or he bought. He must have other insider.

I need to find that other insider because I bet that person helped him to look over me here.

I took off the contact lenses and decided to sleep there.

Adrian Nielsen

I walked back from the main lab after checking some important files. I walked past Leah's lab and found her sleeping leaning to the table. I walked into the lab and sighed looking at her.

I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around her back. I looked at her laptop and closed it slowly. Her phone lit up because of my motion and there's a lot of missed call from an unknown number. I took out my phone and took a photo of that number.

What's this person's deal? Calling her 15 times at dawn?